Friday, March 30, 2007

Why Harmons Is Better Than Wal*Mart

Clearly, there are a thousand reasons why Harmons is better than Wal*Mart, but here is just one:

This morning Sam woke up and stared the flu right in the face of the porcelin God...so this afternoon I took the boys and headed to Harmons to purchase some Gatorade and Dreyers fruit popsicles (oh yeah, those are good). As I was walking down the aisle I ran into one of the Harmons brothers (it was either Bob or Randy, whichever one is big and stocky). He said "Are these young men being nice to you today?" I confirmed they had been, and he put Harmons aprons on both Carson and Parker. He then said "Thanks for your business, we really appreciate it!" It was so cute, they wore them all around the store and Parker wore his right up until bedtime tonight. As I left the store, I couldn't stop thinking about the comparison of the two grocery stores...Wal*Mart just acts annoyed when you need help and the Harmons owner sought me out to thank me for my business. Boy, it doesn't take much to impress me I suppose....

The kids look like they've had too much to drink here:

I still can't get over Parker's SHORT hair!


Tomorrow is the big "rip out the old counter top" day. Does anyone want to have me over for dinner for the next 2 or 3 nights? Ha Ha Ha! Just kidding, Johnny Carinos has already invited me!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love it!! you are always invited to my house to eat!! i made the best bread yesterday- the whole time i was thinking that i needed my bread making buddy with me! i can't wait to see the countertops- you never told me if you found anything at tia pan for your room... i hope sam is feeling better- i wish there was a harmons closer to me- we used to always shop there after we got married!

Amy said...

I agree about Walmart. The other day I bought some ginger root there and the checker had to ask me what it was. I know that wouldn't happen at Harmons. I hope Sam gets better soon. The Flu is awful. Don't you love Johnny Carino's? It is my favorite. Their Spicy Chicken is superb and the Italian Nachos! Mmm... I think I know where I want to go the next time we eat out.

Holly Strong said...

Come to my house and eat.....I just bought some chicken for the barbeque. The boys can play at the park and we can out the chicken on. Call me!!! no joke!

Indiana Clark's said...

You are welcome for dinner at our house! :) Kim

nalani said...

I HATE Walmart! It stinks---literaly. I LOVE Harmons--they have super good produce! Jed and Cody think I'm kind of a grocery store snob but guess what---I don't care. I wonder if I could get me one of those aprons!

Susan said...

I have to put in a few good words for Wal-mart. There are definitely drawbacks but I sure like the prices on a lot of things.

Anonymous said...

I have to give support to Susan--if you can wade through the crowds, the prices are unbeatable! 7:00 on Saturday mornings seems to work...

Sarah said...

I can't wait to read your next earth-shattering post, "Why Olive Garden is better than McDonalds."