Monday, March 12, 2007

Happy Birthday To You, You Live In A Zoo...

Today is Sam's 31st birthday! Happy birthday ya ol' geezer...wait, I'm older than him...Happy Birthday you sexy young thang!!

Today was so great because Sam took the day off work. You'd think he would want to go snowboarding or something fun like that, but instead, he hung out with the kids and me all day. It was so awesome. He walked Carson to school with me and even worked on our bedroom project (get your mind out of the gutter!). More on the bedroom in a second.

First of all, I TOTALLY surprised Sam and gave him a Dewalt cordless drill, which he loves, can you tell?


Tonight Sam decided to eat his birthday dinner at Fuddruckers (Nalani, remember when I said that word backwards???)and it was dreamy good!




So here is the progress on the bedroom:
We (Sam) have painted the ceiling and walls, the crown moulding, and we (Sam) have gotten a great start on the base boards. I have filled the nail holes with everything that is hung so we're so close. We bought new blinds for the windows and Sam is going to hang moulding around the windows to "frame" them. So we just need to do the windows and the rest of the base boards. Then, of course, we need to decorate it so it looks real purdy (Thai Pan here I come!) and get a new duvet cover for our comforter because our comforter is green and that would be too much green for my brain! Enjoy our "progress report"

We started painting the room at 8:15pm on Friday night...



And, we finished at about 2:15am on Saturday!


On Saturday evening, mom and dad came over and helped Sam hang the crown moulding. I think I'm so funny in this picture!

Look how PROUD Sam and my dad are of the PERFECT cut they made! Fits like a glove!!

Check out Sam's face here. That nail gun was LOUD and surprisingly, the kids slept through the whole thing.


Tonight after Fuddruckers (careful...) Sam nailed in one piece of baseboard--beautiful!!


Now, I know this blog entry is HUGE, but I have to show a few cute shots of my boys. Saturday morning Sam and Fern took the boys to their Uncle Jack's cabin in Moroni because Uncle Jack turned 80 and they wanted to have lunch with him. The kids love going to the cabin, as you can tell.


Sam: Parker, what are you doing?
Parker: Jus watchin' some bugs!


The pond was frozen solid, but that will never hinder a 6 and 2 year old from throwin' rocks! I totally want to frame one of these pictures...priceless!!



There you have it, one huge update!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love it! the bedroom looks awesome!

Holly Strong said...

Love it!!! Now you need to invite us over for dinner so I can see it in person. :) LOL I want to go to Tai Pan!!! Maybe you have help me decorate my boring house.

Holly

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing Carl liked Sam's dinner place choice, as well. I love the color of your bedroom. We really need to do ours soon.

Thomas said...

Your bedroom is turning out awesome.

Richard and Sharon said...

Geez Sam--you are turning into an Uncle Richard:)

Curtis and Shandy said...

Where are th pictures of the countertops?

Indiana Clark's said...

Happy Be-lated Birthday Sam!!