Monday, March 19, 2007

Saturday Is A Special Day...

It's the day we try to finish our bedroom...but, alas, it's not done yet. We're (Sam)trying to do all this fancy moulding and it's taking forever!! We're (Sam) almost done, I can almost feel myself sleeping in my own bed again. Yep, that's right, for over a week Sam has been on the upstairs couch and I've been on the downstairs couch. Why you ask? Well, I put my foot down and won't move our furniture back into our room until we are 100% finished with this project. If we move everything back in, those last details will never get done. Trust me, this will be worth it! My Bishop found out we've been sleeping on separate floors and threatened to call us into his office because we're not "sleeping together". Of course he says this in front of tons of people at church so I can't wait to hear it through the grape vine that I'm getting divorced...maybe it will get me out of this calling...hmmm.... JUST KIDDING!

Anyways, what was I talking about? OH yeah, Saturday....but before I go into that, please remember to write your favorite memories of Grandpa Bell in my comments on the previous posting. They may get used in the funeral so act now and I'll send you the second mop absolutely free!

Saturday was a beautiful day. It was like 73 degrees or something nice like that. We (Sam) worked on the room and I (with mom's help) tried to keep the kids from driving each other (and me) crazy. I had this great idea that I should teach Carson to ride his bike, but then I got in way over my head. So I did the next best thing, I asked my dad to help him!!


Carson still needs lots of practice so feel free to come over anytime dad! Then I had this bright idea to let Carson paint a piece of wood. He joyously went to work on his masterpiece:

After spilling the paint, getting paint all over Parkers skin, hair, and clothes, a few tears were shed, and one board covered in gooey paint, Sam said "hey why don't you guys go somewhere"? So, the kids, the parents, and I, glady obliged (after a few feebly "are you sure"s).

We headed to Little Caesars, grabbed a few pizzas, and went to Wheeler Farm. I love this place! I took a loaf of bread for the ducks and geese. It was gone in about 10 minutes and those birds were stuffed!


Then we found a saddle for the boys to pose on. Dad said Parker looked like John Stockton in his short shorts. He's right, what was I thinking??


My favorite moment of Wheeler farm: All four of us had our faces up to the fence next to this insanely ugly turkey. Well, he knew we were making fun of him because the turkey FREAKED out and slammed his body into the fence, right where our noses were! We all screamed and Parker did the death grip on my leg! I wish I had a picture right when it happened, but here's dad and Carson still laughing about it.


And finally, Carson climbed this tree and said "look, I'm a sloth!" THAT is the oxymoron statement of the year! If that child had any more energy I'd have to have a mountain dew IV just to keep up with him!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

carrie, i am so sorry for your loss- he sounds like an awesome person, i can see where you all get your sense of humor from! i am looking forward to having the boys friday!!

Anonymous said...

What a great evening that was. The turkey episode will be forever embedded in my memory! I had no idea turkey could go wild and berserk so quickly!!

Amelia said...

If you wanna babysitter let me know I'll come down and play!

Holly Strong said...

IS it done yet?!?! How's your kitchen looking? I know you've been busy, but I'd love an update when you get a chance.