Sunday, June 03, 2007

Great Weekend

I love this sequence of pictures of Parker. What a nut!





On Friday night we were going to go for a drive up Butterfield Canyon. We couldn't find our way, so we stopped at this awesome park in Herriman instead. The boys had a blast and it was a beautiful night! Sam and I were both a little surprised when Parker scrambled up this "rock" wall.



Saturday morning I finally put to good use the Christmas present that Fern gave me in 2005...outdoor flowerbed lights! I know, I'm super lame but it required some electrical work and that made me procrastinate.



The night effect is beautiful, especially once all the summer flowers get big and bushy!



Saturday afternoon we attended the temple sealing for Sam's sister, Shauna, to her husband Scott. They were married almost a year ago and Saturday they were sealed. It was awesome! We didn't really get any pictures but I wanted to mention it.

Saturday night we went up Big Cottonwood Canyon with some friends from our ward: Ryan and Natalie Jones and Russ and Amy Adams. Natalie's sister and brother-in-law were also there. We just went to a camground and had dinner. It was a hot day in the Salt Lake Valley but it was perfect in the mountains!! Some highlights: Parker, of course, fell and skinned his knees; Amy's daughter almost fell in the fire and her grandma reached out and caught her so fast I almost didn't believe it(she must play video games to have such excellent reflexes!); Natalie's brother-in-law trying to teach Carson how to roast hot dogs and marshmallows without burning them; Parker playing "peek a boo" with Natalie's daughter, Ivy; Ivy falling into a little pond and getting totally muddy; Ryan "roasting" Ivy's pants over the fire to dry them out; eating dutch oven Peach Cobbler....the list goes on and on. It was so much fun!








Yummy Peach Cobbler!


Here's some funny stories and you'll be GLAD I didn't take pictures!
I was at the grocery store on Saturday afternoon with Carson. While I was in line to buy my groceries, Carson started crying. He said he felt like he was going to throw up. I told him he should go to the mens restroom and HURRY! As he was walking away from me, I saw his cheeks get big and I realized that he was holding the 'stuff' in his mouth until he could make it to the toilet. After a few scary seconds I was relieved when he did make it! After his episode he was just fine.

Sunday morning at about 3:00am, I had a nice surprise from Parker. He woke me up and told me he threw up. So, sure enough, his bed was covered in the 'stuff'. After Sam cleaned Parker up and I cleaned up the bed, Parker threw up while he was standing in the bathroom. So we put him in the bathtub and cleaned him up...again. While Parker was in the tub I had a heart to heart talk with him. I explained how he should throw up in the toilet instead of wherever he happens to be standing at the moment. He seemed to understand. I got him out of the tub and put him back in bed. As I did, he said "my tummy hurts". I asked him if he needed to throw up. He nodded in the affirmative. So we raced back to the toilet where I stood for about 10 minutes while he braced himself in front of the toilet. I kept saying "do you REALLY need to throw up?" He would calmly nod his head and stand there patiently. Finally, after 10 minutes he really did throw up in the toilet! I was so proud of him! After he was done he went to bed. Sam and I went to bed too. About 30 minutes later I heard him running. I raced out into the hall and there was my little guy proudly throwing up in the toilet again!

So, he can't go potty in the toilet, but he can throw up in the toilet! Sam says it's a good thing because we couldn't very well put a diaper around his face...

One final experience tonight: tonight we had "cousins dinner" at Curtis and Shandy's house. My parents rode with us in our van. On our way home, we were waiting to turn left from Bangerter Highway onto 90th south at the red light. I was sitting in the front passenger seat. All of sudden, a deer ran past my side of the van, turned left in front of us (at the red light) and ran up 90th south! Cars were totally driving right in the deer's path, it's a miracle it didn't get hit! The rest of the way home Parker kept saying "I can't believe that deer turned left!" In fact, I'll bet you he wakes up saying that too!

Have a good Monday everybody!

5 comments:

nalani said...

Fun update! Parker doesn't look to excited to be sharing his chair with that little girl....in fact I'm beginning to think he might be a bit of a chair hog?? HA! HA!

Amy said...

Big update = tons of fun. It was so much fun up the canyon. I think we should do it again but go camping.
Poor Parker. Is he feeling any better? I hope he does soon.

Anonymous said...

that is some weinie!! i am easily impressed.... thanks for the pictures of us on the motorcycle- could you put your new camera on the thin setting next time!!

Amelia said...

lol awww tell parker im so proud of him puking in the toilet!

Holly Strong said...

Those pictures of Parker are AWESOME!!! Looks like you got yourself a nice little camera..YAY!!! That park looks awesome...you'll have to let us know where it's at. We love the park.