Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Swim Lessons

Carson had his first swimming lesson today. All morning he kept saying "Mom, I REALLY wish you didn't sign me up for lessons!" I just kept telling him to chill out and relax because he was going to have so much fun. Sure enough, he absolutely loved the swimming lesson!
He is 2nd from the left in this picture. Check out his form!! What a pro...



Parker was TICKED that he couldn't get in the water! I kept laughing at his sad face but that made him even more upset. Shocking.


To explain my remarks from my previous posting, I thew up every morning on the way to my own swim lessons when I was little.
Our lessons took place at Thunder Ridge, which is at the top of a hill, with really curvy roads. Every morning we wound our way up to the pool. My mom forced me to eat breakfast and I would get deathly carsick on the way to the lessons. We would pull over, I would lean out the car door, puke up my Tang and off-brand cereal, and then my mom would continue up to the pool. I felt like garbage and my family was like "have fun, don't cry, listen to your teacher...." and that was that. Needless to say, I don't know how to swim as of this day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, you should have listened to your teacher! Dad.

Anonymous said...

The "off brand" cereal must have had something to do with it.... So glad Carson is enjoying swimming lessons. Looks like Parker is next.

Amelia said...

haha look at how tired he looks in the last picture! what a cutie.

Delene said...

Carrie, I never learned to swim, either. But I made sure my kids did. I just turned my head when they threw them into the water!

Thomas said...

That is good form and a not so happy Parker.

Anonymous said...

pretty soon he will be able to beat aaron and jess in a race!! way to go carson!!

Susan said...

My mom's comment isn't entirely accurate. She started me in swimming lessons but I was scared of the deep water and remember running away from my teacher when he dropped us into the deep end. To this day I am still afraid of water when I can't touch the bottom. Pretty sad. And this year there is no place in Rexburg for swimming lessons for my kids.