Friday, June 01, 2007

New Camera = Large Update!

First of all, a big ol' "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to Cody!! I love you man.

Here's a jumbled mix of all that I've been up to since my last post, which I think it only 3 days old...I need to slow down!

I've taught Carson how to play "crack the egg" which, as a teenager, is TOTALLY dangerous because somebody ALWAYS gets hurt. It can't be that harmful when you are 6, right??


Big news: I have successfully made Artisan Bread, by myself, without even having to call my friend, Cathy Gilmore, the resident expert! I had to take lots of pictures so next time I try to make it I'll be able to refer to the pictures to remember what everything looked like!

Here's the starter, which consists of flour, water, and yeast. This is what it looked like after fermenting on my countertop for 4 hours:


Here is the sponge, which consists of the starter, flour, water, and more yeast. This is what it looked like after sitting on my countertop all night. It looks a lot like the starter, but it's creamier and thicker.


And this is the dough. The dough consists of the sponge, flour, and salt.


Here is my end product. I skipped a few steps because I didn't want to BORE you to death, but thanks for sharing in my experience of the art of Artisan Bread making. I think there are 2 essential tools for bread making: a digital kitchen scale, and a bench or dough scraper. Without those, it would have been too messy and called for too much guesswork from me! The only thing I want now is a thermometer because then I'll really know when the bread is done versus just guessing!


Make your own caption for this picture. I was trying to talk to Parker and he kept saying "What??" with his fingers in his ears....what a little punk!


Every year my Relief Society maintains a flower garden at "This is the Place Heritage Park" in Salt Lake. On Wednesday several of us went up and planted some flowers. We did mostly perennials which should be great if they survive!


Right next to our garden a new sign had been posted. I hope they hurry and get it finished!!!


Last night Darren and Susan were in town with their family. We went to a park by my parents house. We had tons of fun and the kids were able to expel all their crazy energy! It worked too because I put my kids to bed at 10:30 and Parker slept until 10:00am today! He has NEVER slept in that late before!!!

Here is Ethan, Carson, and Kevin


This is the "zipline" and my kids LOVE it. Even Parker did it, which scared me a little....okay, it scared me a lot! He's not exactly the most graceful child!!



I'm bummed that I didn't get a picture of Darren's hair! It's getting quite bushy and I would have loved to put some product into his afro to see if we could get some nice curls going on! Darren, don't cut it until after I see you again! :)

4 comments:

Susan said...

Now I can't wait to taste the bread!

Indiana Clark's said...

I'll bet that crack the egg game wouldn't be so dangerous if you had some pads on the bars. Someone is breaking an arm for sure. We don't have any pads on our trampoline either.

Amy said...

Trampolines are fun but can be pretty dangerous. My friend busted her leg on my trampoline. It looked like she had two knees. Not fun. Carrie would you mind teaching me how to make that bread sometime. Better yet lets just get Cathy to teach the whole RS.

Amelia said...

haha crack the egg is the perfect game... or try and play Mary Poppins like Amanda did, too bad her umbrella didn't make her fly and she hit the ground next to a tree a had a scratched up face... dang that would have made a great picture. Amanda and I also had a gymnastic's club on the trampoline... for some reason I was always a Level 3 and she was always progressing from Level 8 to 9 to 10... and I never moved, i was always level 3... hummm.....