Monday, June 11, 2007

Kindergarten Graduation

Well, Carson's school didn't do anything spectacular for the completion of his Kindergarten year. I didn't get a graduation when I finished Kindergarten either so that's cool.

However...

At the beginning of the year, Carson's teacher gave me this laundry list of things Carson needed to accomplish by the end of the year to receive an award. So, all year I dutifully made sure he did these things, such as count to 100, know the 25 sight words, have perfect attendance, participate in PTA contests.... We did all of it. So when he came home without any awards I asked him if anybody received anything. He said most kids in his class got gold medals but he didn't earn one so he didn't get one. I'll admit, I was TO'd. Carson didn't care at all, instead he decided to make his own medal. It was so funny...he cut out a circle of paper. With a gold crayon, he drew himself sitting at his desk. Then he found some ribbon and taped it to the "medal". Here he is, proudly wearing it.


Then we went to Applebee's in honor of Carson. My parents came too and they made a big deal of Carson graduating. It was very sweet.


Then we took Carson to Target and let him pick out a toy. He chose a Spongebob video game. It's been a hit at my house. I've even mastered one of the games! It brings me back to the ol' "Super Mario" days of Junior High and High School and Nintendo (we called it No-Friend-O).



As Sarah mentioned on her blog last summer, kiddie pools fully count as a bath in the summertime! Yipeeeee! This really simplifies the bedtime routine. ha ha ha



Proud moment: We have raised Parker well. He ALMOST likes ice cream as much as his daddy!


Carson starts swimming lessons tomorrow. This will be his first experience with swim lessons...wish him (and me) well. Let's just hope he doesn't throw up EVERY day on the way to his lessons! OH yeah, that brings me back to my childhood. Thunder Ridge anyone?

7 comments:

Cody Oram said...

Whatever dude...I thought we called the nintendo

BEST-FRIEND-0!!!

Curtis and Shandy said...

Carson is a nut! I never got a graduation either.

Anonymous said...

both boys remind me so much of mel... making the world around her fit into her reality- and her food of choice (besides ramen noodles) ice cream! a daily serving is a must!

nalani said...

That picture of Carson making a his own medal is hilarious! I love the goggles picture too. oooohhh the days of no-friend-o. How about the time my mom had to hide the nintendo from my dad because he played tetrus for hours on end? I LOOOOOVE the story!

Anonymous said...

Carson is his own person and can definitely roll with the punches. Good luck on the swimming lessons. Hopefully it's late enough in the day that you don't have to force him to eat breakfast.....

Holly Strong said...

I guess it's up to the teacher what they want to do. I'm bummed Carson didn't get the award. Tanner's teacher sent him home with a check list on the things he's accomplished and what he needed to work on. I'm still crossing my fingers and hoping WE get the award. LOL
BUT, that Carson is creative! Love the gold medal...WAY TO GO CARSON! I'm glad you still made a big deal about it, I bet he LOVED the attention.

Susan said...

I never had kindergarten graduation, neither did Kevin. It doesn't seem like most places do that, at least not in my world.