Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Time For An Update!

Sam's updating his blog as we speak so I guess I should do the same since it's been too long!

We've been chicken-with-its-head-cut-off busy lately, but nothing blog-worthy-ish. Nobody has had stitches, nobody has done something really bizarre, Cameron still isn't napping....

However, here is a little snippet of my life lately:

Parker told me a few weeks ago "Mom? I feel like I'm being watched...but not by you, not by Carson, not by Cameron, and not by Dad either." I told him he better be good or else this "ghost" would haunt him for the rest of his life. Well, I wish I had the guts to say that. That would have totally messed him up!

Let's see, what else have I been up to...

We attended the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Dedication last Saturday, inside the temple. It was so good! Carson was with us and I swear he sat more reverent than me! The talks were great and I'm so thankful to belong to this temple district. It's beautiful and we have our first session there this coming Saturday with our ward. Can't wait!

In other news, Sam and I have tried working on a budget. It's scary, it's daunting, and seemingly impossible. It will be interesting, to say the least. It will also be good for us. I'm looking forward to the challenges ahead and hopefully solutions are quick to follow! My last day with Beneficial is on the 31st of this month. I only have 4 more days of employment. So weird. I went into work last Friday and cleaned out my desk. It was very surreal. It wasn't shed-a-tear sad, it was just odd and left me feeling kind of numb. I don't know how to explain it very well. I had 13 years of memories packed into my cubicle drawers. Oddly enough, I threw most of it away. I'm not known to be the nostalgic type. All I brought home were 2 manila folders and my old tape dispenser. That's what 13 years of employment were reduced to. Like I said...numbing. I also cleaned off my personal emails and odds'n'ends from my computer. I found a few fun pictures:

Look at this picture closely. It's Albert Einstein. Now walk about 10 feet away and look at the picture again. It's Marilyn Monroe. Whoah-a.


A few years ago Beneficial Life moved from a tall building downtown to a smaller building just to the East. In the old building, we had the 24th through 26th floors, which were the top floors of the building. One of the employees took this picture of the final sunset from the roof and emailed it to everyone. It's awesome!


My boss was working on a calendar and needed a picture of a "new years baby". Cameron was only 6 weeks old and she called and asked me to take his picture and make it look like a New Years baby. So, I took a picture of him in his diaper and then emailed it to my friend, Toni, who is brilliant with PhotoShop. She added the accessories and VOILA! A New Year's Baby. I love this picture!


Enough nostagia...oh wait, one more thing:

If you have ever been a part of the Prairie 5th ward we are having a Prairie 5th Ward Reunion! PLEASE COME! Cathy Gilmore is the event master-mind. Here are the details:

When: Friday, September 18th
Time: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Location: Southwood Park 6150 S. 725 E. Murray, UT

It's a park, so bring your family and come hang out!

And finally, I mowed the backyard tonight in the dark. Sam was mowing but then church duties called him elsewhere. I finished for him but was laughing so hard because I could see nothing! I can't wait to look at it tomorrow to see how bad I butchered it! At least it's the backyard...

7 comments:

Sam said...

I bet the backyard looks great. Even if it doesn't, I'll tell you it does so you'll have confidence that you can mow it nicely again! (and again).

I'm excited for what the future holds...you staying at home with the kids and me panhandling downtown. Almost like a dream come true!!!

Wobbs said...

I went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House in July and it was awesome! thats cool you got to go to the dedication. Love the photos by the way!

fsa said...

i think i mow my yard in the dark at least once a month- and i usually miss one long swipe- its cool though- i just pretend i meant to give it a mowhawk! sam, if you need someone to drop you off while carrie is mowing and watching the kids- call me... people will be happy to give a little extra when they see you get out of the 'z' and pull out your sign!!

Toni said...

Awe, that picture makes me laugh. Good times.

Natalie said...

Good bye, Benny. I still can't believe it. Good luck with the budget. These things have an amazing way of magically working out.

mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mindy said...

ok, that Einstein picture is totally freaky.

Is the picnic a potluck or is Cathy catering it? (hoping for the latter!)

I will be interested to find out if you guys are able to stick to the budget your putting together. Peter and I are horrible at sticking to ours. It gets revised quarterly. Good luck.