Saturday, August 08, 2009

Yay For Me...Yay For Parker!

Yay for me:
Today Sam and I celebrate our 11th anniversary together. We've had a great marriage, haven't we Sam? Sam? Honey? Right?

Seriously though, last night we went to dinner and a movie and on the way home we were analyzing the past 11 years. We truly have been each other's best friend.
Sam still makes me laugh really hard daily, he's so dang funny and random.
He's really laid back which is good for me because I tend to be a nervous nelly a lot so he keeps me in line that way.
He loves hanging out with our boys and has no problem taking all 3 by himself to run errands.
I never see him get overwhelmed by crazy kids, he just thinks it's funny!
He works hard and is very dedicated to his responsibilities.
I've never met a more service-oriented person than Sam. If somebody needs help, his first reaction is to drop whatever he is doing so he can offer his time and talents.
If Sam doesn't know how to do something, he has no fear in trying to figure it out....and he ALWAYS succeeds! It's amazing to me!
Let's not forget his baby blue eyes and mile-long eyelashes! Wowsers!!

Okay, you get the idea, I love my husband tremendously and I'm so thankful that he puts up with me every single day. He's so patient with me and I love him more now than ever!

Yay for Parker:
Parker started Kindergarten this past Tuesday. I'm such a lame mother the second time around because this is the picture I got of him on his first day:


It's kind of artsy, check out the shadows on the wall behind him! Too bad the sun was directly in his eyes. Not sure what he's doing with his left hand. It's ALMOST like he's trying to provide a fig leaf for the shadow on the wall! ha ha ha ha!

I felt bad at the picture I got so when he got home that day I took another picture of him. Here's the Parker I know and love!


He loves school. He has the same teacher that Carson did, Mr. Mednick. I laugh every day as he lines up for school because when other kids come to get in line, he backs up further down the line and let's everybody get in front of him. All the other kids play on the playground before school starts, but Parker stands in line, usually towards the front. Because he's so nice, by the time his line walks into school, he's dead last! It makes me laugh so hard that I haven't taught him the rules of "standing in line".

So now I have 2 kids in school and Cameron and I hang out at home. Too bad Cameron stopped taking naps the exact day that Parker started school! Talk about rotten timing!

3 comments:

Amy B. said...

I remember going to some comedy club with you guys and it was like maybe your 2nd or 3rd date I think...You were all giddy and excited and soooo cute...I adored Sam then and thought he was so hilarious...good times!!!

fern said...

what a handsome boy!- and that awesome motorcycle shirt!!! there is no way that parker would not be nice and let the other kids in front of him- he is just a sweet sweetie!! happy anniversary to you both- you are two of my favorite people!!

Carl and Pat said...

I second that--yay for Parker (and yay for you). He is such a wonderful little boy, and dang good-looking in the mix.