Tuesday, March 09, 2010

It's Birthday Month!

This is a busy month for birthdays in my family. I love it!

My brother Darren celebrated his 40th birthday this past Saturday. He came here from Idaho so we could throw him a party. Wasn't that nice of him?


I stole an idea that Fern had several years ago when they celebrated a 40th with some friends. I went to the grocery store and wandered the aisles looking for any product that had "old" in the title and bought them. Then I gave him a fake UB40 CD beacuse I couldn't find a real one! Get it? You Be Forty! ha ha!

He wanted socks for his birthday (seriously!) so I gave him "Gold Toe" socks since 'old' was in the title. Then I wrote a little story to go with a bunch of other 'old' stuff: Goldfish crackers, Golden peach soda, Rold Gold pretzels, Golden raisins, Gold Medal Flour, Old English Cheese....and rounded it out with a gift card to Coldstone. It was fun to try and think of all the "old" products! His response when I was all done: "That was pretty nice, I probably won't go through such an effort when you turn 40." It was funny! At least I've been warned! ha ha!

Cameron's birthday is today! Big ol' Number 2! Wait, that sounds gross...crap.

All day I've been teaching him to say "I'M TWO" while holding up 2 fingers. He's been dang cute. I have high hopes for the age of two. Many of you will remember my struggles with Parker from birth to age 2. To say he was a pill is such an understatement. It's like saying McDonalds is kinda bad for your health.

However, when Parker turned 2 he became such a fun little man! So, here's hoping Cameron gives me the same result. Not that Cameron has been as bad as Parker, but he definitely challenges my sanity about 4 days out of 7.

Last year for Cameron's birthday I posted a picture per month of his birth until age 1. I'd like to do the same thing for Cameron, from the age of 1 until 2:

April 2009 - Cameron and Bruce, awesome neighbor dog


May 2009 - Still couldn't walk but standing and holding on to something was getting easier!


June 2009 - Personality really starting to shine. He just looks like he has something funny to say!


July 2009 - First bloody nose while camping at Zions....ever since this day he gets a bloody nose so easily! It's pretty crazy actually.


August 2009 -Wearing Uncle Darren's hat in Island Park


September 2009 - Gangsta


October 2009 - going on a hike with dad!


November 2009 - helping dad set up the Christmas tree


December 2009 - Funny, and then ultra gross


January 2010 - I pay my kids a quarter for goose eggs


February 2010 - When all else fails, put them in a laundry basket with a blanket...happiness for hours!


March 2010 - When did he get so old??


We are celebrating Sam and Cameron's birthday on Friday so more to come on those birthdays....

Saturday was a fairly nice day so we cleaned up our yard from the long Winter! Parker jumped in leaves and Cameron ate what tiny amounts of snow he could find.




The other night I let the kids sit on my bed and watch a movie. I walked in and found Cameron draped across Carson's back. He is so stinking funny!

3 comments:

laura said...

those birthday ideas for your bro are awesome. i LOVE gold toe socks. they were what my dad would wear growing up and i would always steal them and wear them.

i can't believe cameron is 2 already! happy birthday to him!

Carl and Pat said...

Fun party--can't believe we are parents of a 40-year-old! Love the Cameron history--such a cutie.

fern said...

i love the pictures! can i come over early fri- i need to party!






slyzat (a word for sam)