Tuesday, March 30, 2010

So Much Fun...So Little Time To Blog

I'm sure everyone else feels the same way, the more things going on in life, the less time to blog. Which is lame because when I am busy that's when I have the most blog material! So, it's late and I'm tired but I'm determined to get this blog update done already!

First of all, here's a conversation I had with Parker the other day. He had just come home from Kindergarten and we were eating lunch.

Parker: This is the WORST day ever!
Me: Oh yeah, (snicker) Why?
Parker: First of all, I didn't get to play much. Second of all, I had to put my bike away. #3...uh, what was #3?...OH YEAH, my ears were cold!!
Me: silently laughing, Yeah, that does sound like a hard day!

I wish my worst days ever were as bad as Parker's!

The other day we made a little trek out to the Life Flight hangar with our friend, Ginger, who had moved out of the ward. Ginger got some amazing pictures and all our boys had a great time playing in the airplanes and helicopter.

Here's hoping my kids will never need to seriously use the services this company provides! All the staff at Lifeflight is so fun and always so willing to let us play!



A huge thanks to everyone's comments on my last blog post. We have decided to leave the wall down between the living room and kitchen. I LOVE IT! Our friend is going to build a small archway between the two rooms to give the illusion of separation and that's it.

Here's the other project:
Tearing out the stairs and landing from my garage to the house.


We put the kids to work.


Well, one kid worked.


In its place? A brand new mudroom! I'm so excited!!! Construction starts tomorrow!


I know I've talked about the Hansen family before, but you have to know, they rock! Natalie Hansen (Peton) and her husband Neal are the two who introduced Sam to me. They seriously are my second set of in-laws and I love them to pieces!

This past Thursday the youngest Hansen, Reese, got hitched! Our friend Becky blogged about the engagement party, good thing she remembered her camera. I was a slacker! The reception was at a placed called Le Jardin and it was AMAZING! I was there for almost 3 hours and it wasn't nearly long enough! I had enough cackle laughter to make my cheeks hurt for weeks. Perfection. They had a photo booth there. Have you ever heard of such a thing?? It was so fun! As you wait in line to see the bride and groom, you pass by a photo booth. Go inside, take some funny pictures, and it spits out two sets of prints. One for you to keep and the other to put in the wedding book. Brilliant!

They also had a gelato bar, which was brilliant in itself, but pair that with a photo booth and you have...perfection!

Here's the cake:


Bride and groom. Why is it that I never get a good picture of the bride and groom when I go to wedding receptions?


Apparently I knew Sam was taking a picture but Natalie didn't. ha ha!


See these three right here? Them there's trouble, which is why I love them with all my heart! Angie, Ginger, Laurel: three of the Hansen girly girls.


Angie, don't even think about it!


Hey I know, why don't you shove that piece of cake into Laurel's face, just like a bride and groom!




C'mon Laurel, now it's your turn!


Congratulations to the happy couple, kiss and make up! Oh wait, is there a real bride and groom that we should be paying attention to right now? Ummmm, nah, they're in their own world!


Here's mama Hansen, Linda, with Natalie, AKA the queen of set ups!


Remember those trouble makers? They stole the microphone and hid around the corner. All of a sudden they started harmonizing "Tonight, I celebrate my loooovvveeee for you!" Let's just say the lady in charge of the facility didn't let that joke go on for too long! It took the Reese and Laura a minute to figure out where the singing was coming from!


There was lots of dancing, and lots of laughter. Look at Logan's face on the right! CLASSIC!


Luckily, we were able to spend the next few days hanging out with the Hansen's. Natalie flew back to Oregon today. Boo! Let's not wait so long to see ya'll again, okay?

4 comments:

Ginger said...

I love that picture you took looking into the window of the copter! So much fun now that we are not in the same ward. ;) Hahahahahaha. Have fun making your house into what YOU want!

Carl and Pat said...

Hey--Natalie looks like Sarah Palin!

Sam said...

Two of my favorite things...Hansen's and helicopters! We've had a lot of fun lately, now on to the projects!!!

Natalie said...

I'm going to link to your blog when I finally blog about the weddin. That was so fun to see you guys! I was bummed I missed the dancing/singing. Had to take the baby and the grandpa home.

Yesterday I reminded Neal all about the deets of the "set-up" story. It was fun to remember.

And your mom saying that I look like Sarah Palin is funny. We were in the temple for stake conference temple day, and a guy in the stake pres thought I was her. Yeah, she joined the church and sits next to my husband in the chapel. Let's just hope my brain is a bit more keen than hers.