Saturday, March 07, 2009

Upcoming Birthdays

Guess what? My baby turns 1 on Monday. Because he's my third, I'm having a hard time getting uber-excited for a party. Poor kid.

However, the stars and planets were aligned just right because today there was a Sweet family gathering and tomorrow there will be a Clark family gathering. So I say to myself "why not utilize this good fortune...Cameron will never know...."

Today we attended the baptism of my niece Sarah. Sarah turned 8 on October 12th, but she chose to wait on her baptism until her dad returned from Afghanistan. I didn't get any pictures of Sarah, but it was a good time! Rod was classic Rod, which was great. He walked into the font and exclaimed in a high voice "Aghhh, it's cold!" and then after the baptism he threw water on the glass partition between the font and all the kids crammed up front to see Sarah go under the water. So funny. Parker came back to sit by me afterwards and he was holding his heart and laughing about how bad that scared him. Loved it!

After the baptism we had refreshments. I made Rice Crispie treats with green M&M's in them. Sam used the M&M's to make a number one on top:


So we told everyone that was Cameron's "cake". Yay, happy birthday Cameron!

Tomorrow is the monthly Cousins Dinner and I'm going to bring cupcakes to that dinner and tell everyone it's Cameron's "cake." Yay, happy birthday Cameron!

I know, you mother's of one child are thinking I'm pure evil right now. You are probably right.

I was asking Sam what we should do and he said "Let's call my mom and ask her how they celebrated my first birthday, then we'll do the same thing for Cameron." We had a good laugh because Sam is the youngest of 8 children. It couldn't have been too outrageous!

However, just because we aren't doing a huge party, it doesn't mean I don't love Cameron with every bit of my heart. He is a great influence on our family and every day he makes me laugh. He also brings out the best in Carson and Parker, they adore him.

Here's my tribute to Cameron: one picture for every month he's been alive.

March 2008 - seriously, his hair was wack-a-doo.


April 2008 - still afro-puff


May 2008 - Blessing Day, all smiles


Also May 2008 - my only baby who took a binky.


June 2008 - First trip up the canyon. We had a picnic for Father's Day


July 2008 - Introducing the Bumbo chair. Best invention ever.


August 2008 - First Sweet Family Campout


Also August 2008 - He got fitted for his helmet


September 2008 - Received his helmet, which he had for 4 months


October 2008 - First Halloween!


November 2008 - Now he sucks his fingers instead of the binky


December 2008 - First Christmas morning


January 2009 - Helmet's off, now it's a toy!


February 2009 - Spikey hair is gone, but he still has the baby blues


March 2009 - Cameron loves his Uncles! Here's Uncle James


Amazing how fast they grow. He'll be one year old and still not crawling or walking. This is his way of telling me that he'll do things on his own timeline and I better get used to is because he'll probably be this way his whole life.

Sam's birthday is also next week, on the 12th. I already told him what he's getting....his favorite band of all time is going to be in Vegas in April. So, Sam gets to go see The Cure...viva Las Vegas! Good times!

Okay, I thought it was 10:39pm but tonight is Daylight Savings Time, so it's really almost midnight. crap. G'night!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea for sam!! cameron is so loveable- it is easy to see how he brings out the best in everyone who is around him! happy birthday little cam!!

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Does Sammy have to go to The Cure by himself again this time?

Anonymous said...

Yes, and a couple thousand other people.

Happy birthday CamCam

Ginger said...

I can't believe it! He is such a cute baby. PS Eli didn't walk until 18 months and secretly I loved it because it meant he was still my baby. :)

Natalie Service said...

FREAK!!! BABIES GROW UP TOO FAST AND I HATE IT!!!
Happy Birthday Cameron!
WE LOVE YOU!

Natalie said...

Cameron's "cake" looks like tuna casserole with peas. Nice mom. Real nice.

I'm with you on the "big-deal-3rd-kid-1st-b-day" thing. Funny.

Melissa said...

About Sam being the youngest child... I was also the youngest. In my "box of rememberance" I actually have an empty "Baby's First Year" memory/scrap book. I can only imagine what my 1st birthday was like... poor mom. She was tired.