Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Brothers

Nothing makes me happier than watching my boys interact and play together. Well, sometimes Mountain Dew makes me REALLY happy, but overall, the kids exceed the happiness of M.D.

Sunday morning was fun because Sam didn't have a meeting until 9:30am. So while I was getting ready, Sam was playing with the boys. This room used to be Carson and Parker's room until we gave them the boot and sent them downstairs. While it was their room, we put glow in the dark stars all over the ceiling. On Sunday Carson was asking Sam if he could have some of the stars for their downstairs room. Typical response from Sam: "Sure you can have some stars, but you have to figure out a way to get them down all by yourself"

As I'm in the bathroom doing my make-up I hear Carson say "Parker, lay down on the bed and I'll step on you like a chair, okay??" I don't know why, but Parker complied. He is still pretty trusting. Give him a few years....



He finally got the stars down. The "Parker chair" didn't work so he folded the body pillow over like 3 times, Parker held it steady, and Carson peeled off the stars. For the life of me, I don't understand why Parker didn't wiggle the body pillow or karate chop Carson's legs while he was reaching towards the ceiling. One day he'll wise up....with me as his mom he'll wise up sooner than later.

CHUBBY CHEEKS! This picture kind of makes Cameron look like E.T. He was playing "peek a boo" with his hoodie, very fun. Look at the dimple in his chin, it's so pronounced in this picture. I can't remember what those are called right now....I'll probably remember at about 3am this morning. My brain is getting mushier the older I get.


When Carson was almost 5 and Parker was 1 I gave them matching pajames. Now Parker is almost 5 and Cameron is 1. Here are the same pjs.


Oh no, Cameron is eating the camera strap. Look at his goopy eye. I'm so tired of it. I'm eager to get the April 20th "eye probing" procedure over with! It will be so nice to see him in the morning bright eyed instead of crusted over goopey eyed.


Whoops, he has assumed the position....he is offically tired. His left hand is kind of doing the "rock on" sign. That's my boy!


I didn't know Parker could go cross-eyed. You know what else I didn't know? I didn't know he could say "The Pledge of Allegiance" and today, while he was playing, he recited every word of it perfectly! He's full of surprises. Oh yeah, and today as he was sitting on the "throne" I heard him count to 100. Preschool is finally paying off! :)


Trip down memory lane:

I was going through some old photo albums the other day and a few pictures made me chuckle.

Here is Sam right after Carson was born. I don't think he's using that contraption the right way....


Here is a picture of Sam and I by the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It was pre-Carson days so we probably had only been married about one year at this point. Sam looks so young! I look the same, at least I think so, except for the long vs. short hair.


Everyone in my family knows this about my husband: when I think we're taking a cute couple-picture, he's usually making a face or showing us what he has in his teeth. Seriously, am I right family? Can I get an "Amen"? Truth be told, I think it's so funny.


And finally, just to prove that I've always been kind of a bizarre mom. This is Carson when he was 22 days old.

6 comments:

Eden said...

It's a "cleft."

You're welcome (don't you miss sitting by me 40 hours a week?).

Tonje said...

That is one awesome picture of 22 day old Carson. He's lucky to have such a crazy Mom! The crazier the better, I say.

Anonymous said...

what a great walk down memory lane! your boys are so creative and i love that they like each other and play so well!

Jess said...

i'm so excited to see those cute boys on saturday! hopefully it's not snowy so that we can go outside and play

Natalie said...

Actually, it's called a 'bum-chin.'

Yeah, I'm with you - what's up with Parker? He had a golden opportunity to whack his bros legs right out from under him. Just like when we would turn the hose down really low, and Ryan would get a drink of water and put the whole hose in his mouth. We would promise not to turn it up. Too bad. Water would come shooting out of his nose, ears and eyes. Worked like a charm - every time.

Marisa said...

Oh man, Carrie, I NEED some of your humor! You're the greatest!