Sunday, March 15, 2009

Weekend Fun

About a year ago we decided to recycle our own soda cans. In that year, we haven't even filled up a garbage bag of smashed cans, but we're getting close! On Saturday we decided to do some can-smashing, Sweet style. First you line up the cans in front of the van tires.


Yes, we love Mountain Dew.


Big jobs require the neighbor kids' help!


That's right Carson, nice and straight. Hey Parker, are your fingers painted on? Help your brother!


Oh yeah, Parker quote: A lady in my ward gave me a bunch of boy clothes that her son had grown out of. Those clothes came from that neighbor kid in the above picture (Devin). When Parker was putting on a jacket, I said to Parker "Hey Parker, that coat came from Devin, wasn't that nice of him?" Parker looked at Devin, with pure joy in his eyes, and he said "YOU PROGRAMMED THIS COAT TO ME??"

Then you drive the van straight into the garage, smashing the cans as you go.


Voila!


In other news...
This past week we had Cameron's 1 year check-up. Overall he's doing fine. He only gained one pound since his 9 month appointment and he only grew one inch so he's slowing down, which is nice for my back since he's not crawling or walking.

Stats:
Weight: 21 lbs 12 oz, 34th percentile
Height: 29.5 inches, 40th percentile
Head size: 18.3 inches, 57th percentile

My doctor says he'll crawl or walk when he's dang good and ready. Nothing I didn't know already. By the way, it's an old wives tale that you have to crawl before you can walk. Just thought I'd let ya'll know. Maybe he'll go straight to walking....

His left tear duct has been clogged since birth, so on April 20th we go to Primary Childrens to have it probed and unclogged. I'm looking forward to clean eyes and no more eye boogies!

Love this guy!



And finally--
Motherhood is filled with worry. You are always worrying that the way you treat your children won't be good enough or that you won't teach them the things they need to know to become respectable adults.

Carson eased some of my worries tonight. I was working at the computer when I heard somebody walk past me. I turned around and it was Carson. He had gotten out of bed and was heading upstairs. I asked him what he was doing and he said "I just have to put something on your nightstand, I'll be right back." So he disappeared for a few minutes and then came right back downstairs. He gave me a hug and then went to bed.

I went upstairs and found this:


The backside was an awesome picture of me with women in the background saying "we are jealous". :)


Oh yeah, don't be jealous of my crazy curly hair and my awesome red diamond studded shirt!

Seriously, I love that kid!

15 comments:

Norm said...

that can thing was pretty rad

Eden said...

For some reason, when I look at Cameron, I see Daniel Racliff (you know, "Harry Potter"). Am I the only person to ever say that?

And oh my gosh, what a sweet note. That Carson is a keeper! I need to do my daughter a favor and arrange a marraige.

The Airharts said...

Gosh, why are you guys so fun all the time! It makes me think I have such a lame no fun life...thats it-I'm saving my DP cans and I'll show you!

Natalie Service said...

Your creativity is amazing!

And seriously, what a SWEET KID!

mindy said...

Wow, I am jealous!

Rose said...

Precious! That is a mom pay off moment (the note, not the cans) lol

Natalie said...

So, which kid was driving the van? I'm glad Cameron can't walk or crawl yet, considering he was sitting in the driveway with a moving van. And, my, what a perfect head that boy has!

Speaking of perfect boy (not you Sam), what a note! That must have brought a tear to your eye. And I love the jealous women. Although you're the only girl in that house, he's well on his way to understanding women.

Carl and Pat said...

Hey, and we thought the can crushing dealie he used last summer was great! You guys can make anything fun. Carson, this is a good time to ask for your next Wii game...how could your mom resist! We love these kids!

Ambyr said...

What a sweet kid! No pun intended. The cans looked like fun.

Marisa said...

That note should be framed! Wow, that is a payday for sure. Glad you are having a great week. Take care.

cathy said...

I'm so jealous of that note, I don't think I can comment, but I will. Seriously, if you don't freaking frame that note and picture I will personally come over and steal it and pretend it's from one of my kids.

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

you're doing great with your natural lighting Carrie in your pictures, Good Job!

What a fun afternoon activity to keep the boys busy. I like it.

Thomas said...

That note is seriously so sweet. Stuff like that keeps you going.

Kristi said...

The party never ends! I absolutely love the note and picture your son did for you. Those are the best! (and that all the other moms are jealous!)

The 5 Happy Dayz said...

I know why I'm you friend! 1st you drive a honda minivan! What's up! and 2nd the can thing is something we would do! p.s. the whole wives tale crawling thing... they have told me that is why I have a learning disablity because I didn't crawl as a child and you need those movements to connect your right side of the brain to the left to get them working together! p.s. have you read ryan's blog lately? you should!