Monday, March 09, 2009

It's My Party And I'll Cry If I Want To...

Cry if I want to, cry if I want to....


Today is Cameron's first birthday. He was acting really cute this morning so I decided to take his picture. As soon as I got out the camera, he started crying. Hence the crying picture. Punk kid.

Yesterday was cousins dinner. The monthly theme was very fun: In-Law food. Each in-law to the cousins dinner had to bring something that they grew up eating. It was awesome. Sam brought macaroni and tomatoes. Grrrrrrrrreat!

I brought some cupcakes so after everyone finished eating, we stuck a candle in a cupcake and sang "Happy Birthay" to Cameron. Jed had a great idea to line the high chair with a garbage bag and poke two holes in it for Cameron's legs. Worked like a charm.

Oh the anticipation!


Of course big brothers blew out the candle for him.


He destroyed the cupcake within about 15 seconds...without ever taking a bite.


Oh but wait, he took a tiny taste. He's thinking about it...


OH YEAH, I LOVE IT!


It was a contest to see who was messier, Cameron or Carson. Unfortunately Carson didn't know this was a contest. He just looks like this when eating cake.


Back to that garbage bag...ingenious! Pick up the baby and the mess, straight to the tub!


Tonight we did a few presents with my parents and called his big day "officially celebrated".




We got him a "standy-uppy" (Sam's words) that he loves. Anything we can do to encourage walking...



Anyhow, it was fun to celebrate my baby's #1. Like I've said before, he brings absolute joy to our home and I love him more every day!

Bu-Bye!

8 comments:

Mary Ann said...

He looks so disgruntled that his brothers blew out the flame!

Carl and Pat said...

I love it that he cooperates with cute birthday photos--except for first in the morning, but hey, that's no surprise! Such a cute, adorable, fun little boy (and we're not biased...).

Natalie said...

He's got to be the cutest little boy ever. Seriously. And I dig the "standy-uppy."

Anonymous said...

he is sooo cute!! i just can't get enough!! sigh......

Ambyr said...

The garbage bad idea is truly ingenious! I will have to try that for Paityn's birthday. We got Austin that same Staddy uppity thingy. He loved it and it really worked for him, now Paityn loves to play with it!!! It was a great toy investment.

Natalie Service said...

He is TOO CUTE! I love him! and it makes me angry he is already 1. Why, why? Why do babies grow up? I wish Tatem and I could have seen him last week - we could have given him some birthday kisses!!!

Amelia said...

oh my goodness cam's face when he tasted a little bit of the cupcake was hilarious... i loved it!

Melissa said...

Cute pictures! I'm especially fond of the one where he's looking off to the side, thinking.

Standy-Uppy = Kid-Sized Walker :)