Saturday, March 21, 2009

Miracles Never Cease

I'll get to the miracle in a moment.

I'm always awake before the sunrise, but I'm usually getting kids ready for school and what-not so I always miss the beauty of the sunrise. Today is Saturday. I try to sleep in PAST the sunrise on Saturdays but not today. Saturday is a special day, it's the day I get up real early to go to Cabela's. As I was getting ready to walk out the door, I actually noticed the beauty of the sunrise. I had to take a few shots. All together now, OoooOOoooOooohhhhh, AwwwwwWwwwwWwwwww. Beauty eh? (have you seen Strange Brew? Sam hasn't, great movie!)




Anyway, after I took those pictures, I headed to my parents house to pick them up. We then headed to Cabela's. They were having a sweet deal on a reclineable outdoor lounger chair for $39! Usually they are close to $100. Let me tell you, at 8am this morning, Cabela's was just like Black Friday after Thanksgiving! It was a mad house. Those chairs were FLYING out the door. I honestly started to sweat with a little bit of anxiety. Well worth it though, now we have two chairs to put in the backyard so we can lounge out there while our kids are playing. Yay us!


Saturday is also a special day because while mom was shopping, dad fed Cameron breakfast. Oy.


But the real miracle of the day...

This is what my backsplash has looked like for the past year:


Not anymore. Tonight, THIS is what my backsplash looks like:


I'm so happy I could cry! Next step, grout. Next step after that...painting cupboards black. I won't say when, but one day it's gonna happen. Keep the faith!

Funny Carson story. He came home from school this week with a rock that he had smashed in a classroom activity, to find crystals inside the rock, or geode. He was so proud of it that he had to proudly display it on our fireplace mantle in our living room. He kept calling it his "jewels". Just to give myself a chuckle, I said "That is nice! You might even want to call it the "family jewels", if you want..." Then I chuckled inwardly and promptly forgot about it. Today my mom was here and Carson shows it to her and proudly exclaimed "My mom and I like to call this Our Family Jewels!" I thought it was hysterical and a bit embarrassing at the same time. My mom's reaction was the perfect blend of sincerity towards Carson and I'm-sure-your-mom-thinks-she-is-so-funny towards me. Classic! I never did correct Carson so if anybody is at my house, you should ask Carson about the family jewels. One day he'll be able to laugh about it too, but for now, he'll just happily show you a geode.

7 comments:

laura said...

yay for the backsplash!!!! if you ever want help with painting the cabinets i'm totally there for ya! i'm an old pro by now!

Anonymous said...

the "family jewels" story is hysterical!

Amelia said...

black friday with your dad is something for all to partake of with him. i am not kidding, i was a little bummed that i flew home this year this for thanksgiving only because i would not get to watch uncle carl and his black friday madness...

Anonymous said...

nice job sam on feeding cameron! I wish i had a mantle to display our family 'jewels'!

Natalie said...

I kept waiting for you to say, "Saturday is a special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday."

Good job on taking advantage of a moment like Cameron just gave you. Perfect comic timing. Next time I'm in Utah, I'll come over and ask him if I can see the jewel's.

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Paint your cupboards black soon, then Sam can teach me how. That's what Brian is wanting to do for me this summer is paint my cabinets black, but we're skeered.

Carl and Pat said...

Carson and I now have something in common as far as rocks are concerned!!! The backsplash border looks awesome!