Sunday, June 06, 2010

Bu-Bye Blue

Boy I tell you what, saying good-bye to my blue carpet was like finally being able to pop a big ol' zit! Don't act like you don't understand what I'm saying! Just keeping it real!

The day we bought this house I said to Sam "That blue carpet will be the first thing to go!" 8+ years later I finally got rid of it!

In the past 3 days we have moved every single thing from our main floor into another room. It seriously feels like we just moved into this house. Lots of LATE nights, total exhaustion, but yet I couldn't be happier with how things have turned out!

Carpet removal:



I think the late nights have made Sam a bit loopy. I just found these pictures on the memory card. I bet these pictures were taken around 1am.



Saturday morning the carpet installer arrived right at 8am. The timing was great because our friends, Nathan and Ambyr, wanted to use our yard for a yard sale. We hung out all morning in the front yard with them, while the installer took control of our house. Carson sold Gatorade for $.75 a bottle and at the end of the day he made $20! He was an awesome salesman. Every person who slowed down as they were driving, he would start enticing them over for a nice, cool beverage.



As soon as the yard sale ended, the carpet guy left. Perfect timing! We enjoyed the new carpet for about 4.5 minutes, and then we started moving back in. So exhausting!


I seriously love, love, love all the new flooring!


I should clarify my railing issue that some people commented on in my last post. We do have a railing so that ledge will be safe. It's just on the list of things to do. :)

Tonight we sat on the front steps and watched an awesome lightning/thunder storm. The three blue eyed musketeers loved it!


My kids are out of school after this coming week. I'm pretty dang excited about it. The best part? No more Kindergarten-half-day-schedule lameness. Very liberating! I'm wiped out. G-night.

10 comments:

Ambyr said...

It looks awesome!!! I'm glad that everything worked out with the carpet guy and that the kids had tons of fun. Thanks again for your yard and time and day...ect.

Sam said...

It's pretty nice! We should get a couple shots of the living room all put back together. Fun times....

Amy B. said...

I want new carpet...boo

Your's looks soooo good!

And, I love all of the new updates!

Carl and Pat said...

We still can't get over how incredible the updates look. Carson is such a salesman--got a couple of those dollars from his grandpa. Thanks, Ambyr, for the toys to add to our Grandma toybox!

michelle c. said...

It looks so good guys!! I can't believe the transformation!

Amy said...

It looks amazing! I guess you will be wanting your piano soon. Let us know we can wheel it on down to your house :)

Natalie said...

Looks good! And I love the zit comparison. Very fitting.

Rose said...

I know how you feel! I still love to walk barefoot on my carpet cause it's soo soft!

Welcome to your new house!

Jill said...

Your house looks so good. I want to see it in person though!

Amy B. said...

Ummmm....so I just checked out your mom and dad's blog for no reason at all...just blog hopping...and I come to find out that Nalani had another baby...what????...I had no idea...and she is so cute and what a great name...if only she would blog about it, haha...tell her congrats from us!

thanks...