Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Memorial Day 2010

We spent the morning doing boring stuff: mowing the lawn, getting the sprinkler system going for the summer, cleaning...blah blah blah.

I did plant my Zinnia seeds so I'm crossing my fingers they look beautiful like they have in years past! Best $3 ever spent!

By early afternoon I was getting grumpy because I wanted to do something fun. Last Fall, Sam and I drove past a park in the Daybreak community that looked different from your average park. We decided to take a gander.

Besides the wind, this park was awesome! Tons of webbish toys for the older kids, a fun slide and some swings for the younger ones. It borders the "beach" by one of the man made lakes there too. Besides Cameron being a grumpy young man, it was just what I needed to break me out of my cabin fever!





Here's a stranger at the park. I can't tell if he's a really cool dad, or a really mean one!


Later in the day Sam took the boys to Walmart. Sam is not an "in and out" person when it comes to Walmart. He likes to browse. Here is a picture he took of Parker while doing said browsing. I laugh every time I look at Parker's tiny body compared to his head!


We ended the day with a killer dinner at my folks house. BBQ ribs on the grill. Dreamy!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

It's like an orange on a toothpick!

Sam and Neal need to hang out. Neal is a browser when it comes to shopping. Takes him a long time. but the kids always have fun with him.

laura said...

i'll bet that random guy would be embarrassed if he knew you got a picture of that... then again, he probably isn't if he's doing that out in public in front of strangers...

i need you to come to my house and give me a 'yard consult' i'm completely hopeless when it comes to gardening and your yard always looks great!

mindy said...

Hey, I planted my zinnias yesterday too. I am really looking forward to seeing how they turn out.
oh and I freakin' love the picture of Parker. Hilarious!!!!

Ambyr said...

that picture of Parker is HILARIOUS! Oh my heck! I love that park...gotta admit that I've been there a few times but beware of that lake, it's the one that gave everyone worms last year. THey are detoxing it right now so it should be ready soon! you guys crack me up!

fern said...

hilarious post!! the picture of cameron is a classic- and parker!! i need one of those toys... umm.... for when the boys come over to play!!! ya thats it hehehe


bring the fam over tonight- i have a couch full of stuff for you!!

Emily said...

Carrie, I love your blog. Your kitchen looks amazing, I couldn't stop laughing at the mac and cheese, and I don't know or is it just me? Parker's head seemed to have grown quite a bit since he was in nursery with me.