Saturday, May 29, 2010

We are GREEN!

No, not the environmental kind (although we do try), we literally have a green kitchen and I love its guts!

The day started bright, but not early...Saturday is a special day, it's the day we get to sleep in....

When Sam first poured the paint into the paint tray, my dad said "oooh, yuck!". It looked like Cameron's poop when he's had too many fruit snacks. Nice and green-ish, brown-ish, and yellow-ish all wrapped into a nice little package.

I reminded Sam to not judge the paint by the first wet coat because when we did the first coat in our red kitchen, it was HOT PINK! Sure enough, after two coats of the green paint had dried we were so happy with our decision!

First coat:


My dad painted the ceiling. So nice!!!


Sam is still smiling, that's a good thing!


Paint. It's a messy, dirty, cluttery job.


End Result. The new kitchen flooring will be installed on Wednesday or Thursday. Yes, we will get a new garbage can that is more, uh...chic!




Speaking of green...
Sam has a history of putting soda in the freezer and then forgetting about it. The first Christmas we were married we spent in Seattle with my family. Sam put a Root Beer in the freezer on Christmas Eve so it would be really cold at dinner time. He spaced it and we went to bed. Really early Christmas morning we woke up to my brother saying really loudly: Who's the IDIOT who put the Root Beer in the freezer? Well, the can exploded so before we could enjoy Christmas morning we had to clean out the freezer! ha ha! The other day I opened the freezer to this scene:


Sam wasn't even home but I said out loud: Who's the idiot who put the Mountain Dew in the freezer? Then I laughed, and left the mess for him to clean up. :)

Today for dinner Parker wanted Mac and Cheese. I kept telling him he couldn't have any because the kitchen was a mess. A few minutes later Sam handed this to Parker.


So funny! Do you get it????

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

Love the green! I don't think I've ever seen Sam not smile. And the Mac and cheese is great!!

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Oh my word-I didn't get it, I'm mildly retarded.

I LOVE The green. I can't wait to see it in person. Good job guys.

cathy said...

nice kitchen! when are we coming to dinner?

Ambyr said...

THe Mac N Cheese is freakin awesome!!! Sam I love your sense of humor!!!! The green is awesome! I really like it! I bet your glad to have your house this far. It will be so worth it when it's all done, it already looks great! Dinner was tons of fun the other night, we should do it again some time. Plus I wanted to tell you, You are lookin smokin hot!!! You have lost weight!!!!! You are amazingly beautiful inside and out!

laura said...

the green looks great!

sorry i we couldn't talk longer the other day.... let me know if you need anymore help with the cabinets. i can't wait to see the final reveal

Natalie said...

The green looks good! And I do what sam does all the time -- put a warm diet coke in the freezer to get it cold fast. Then forget. I think it's funny that the swollen can says "distortion" on it. Very fitting.

Mack and cheese. That's awesome!

Sam said...

Hey Laura, how about you come and do our cabinets for us...if you're looking to be helpful.

In sacrament meeting I described it as something you would find in a baby's diaper, but I do really like the color.

Fern said...

I love it- Parkers face is priceless-- even though I know it's a 'set up'!!

laura said...

sam-

i'd love to come help with your cabinets! as long as you don't mind 3 extra wild kids running around your house!