Thursday, May 13, 2010

Things That Make Me Laugh

Let's keep it real. My life hasn't exactly been a piece of cake lately when it comes to my 2 year old. Everyone tells me that he's entered the "terrible two's" but here is my problem about that phrase...I've honestly never experienced this stage of life with my boys. I'm being totally honest and legit!

Carson was pretty much a dream baby until he was 3 years old. Then he gave me a hard time until he was almost 4. Going through the "terrible two's" with a three year old isn't that bad because they can totally communicate with you and they understand "time out". So overall, piece of cake.

Parker was a little pill UNTIL he turned 2. Once he turned 2 he became quite charming and has been super fun ever since.

Then there's Cameron. He is the very definition of "terrible two's". I feel really bad about this, but Sam comes home to a grumpy wife more often than not (sorry Sammy!). If anyone has any suggestions on getting "terrible" out of my two year old, I'm all ears. My only strategy so far is not giving into his tantrums. He's getting quite used to time outs. OH yeah, I also calmly look at him and say "no crying". Surprisingly, he stops crying about 7 times out of 10. Now instead of crying he'll say "MOM! I SAD!" ha ha ha!

HOWEVER...

In the midst of toddler trauma, I do have moments of happiness for sure!

Here is part of what Carson brought home from school last Friday in honor of Mother's Day:


Seriously? Oh my gosh, I did a complete and total BELLY LAUGH when I saw it. Carson said "SEE! I knew it would make you smile!" Oh man, so sad, but so true.

Then he did a Mad Libs sort of letter to me:


Just to clarify, the funniest thing I ever did was "SCARE" him. I don't think he really means "SCAR" him....well, maybe he did mean that....uhmmmmmm....sorry Carson.

Oh, one last thing....who in my neighborhood needs cookies? Carson gets to do a service project to pass off a requirement in his classroom and one thing he needs to do is bring a neighbor some goodies. :) Speak now! I'm pretty sure it's the teacher's way of having Carson do community service....I said he was a dream baby, not a dream pre-teen! ha ha ha!

10 comments:

Ellison's said...

I would love some cookies!!!! ( I mean "we" would love some!)
With Cameron, if I think of something I will let you know, my kids really know time out too!

Sam said...

Our kids are actually pretty funny. I get a lot of laughs at work when I immitate Cameron's whining moments. It's so much more fun now that he can talk. Talking and whining are such a good mix!

Bling
squil

fern said...

send him to my house!! :-)

Ambyr said...

I have no advice on the two year old even though Austin was a horrible 2 year old and Paityn is following in suit! I can't stand either of them and I hope they survive to see 4. Good luck and if you ever need to find him a new home for a few hours give me a call! We always love to have friends!

plus after the yard sale I was wondering if you guys wanted to come to our new house for dinner?

Rose said...

When Cameron says "I sad", give him a hug and tell him "all better".
I used to tell by boys, "This is not a crying thing!" Pain and broken hearts are crying things.

Natalie said...

I got my gut laugh for the day. People falling down makes me laugh too. And I love how he appreciates you so much for food-related things. Total man.

Can't help you on the terrible two's. I'm a bad role model.

DJ and Gin Family said...

What is it with the 3rd kid? Trouble I tell ya!
I like to see people fall too, inless they're old then I cry... Carson is one funny little man!

B/T Frank said...

We don't live in the neighborhood... but we would LOVE cookies! Especially Ben (he's getting too healthy!)

I died laughing at Carson's mothers day note... it was as good as emerys! "My mom's favorite thing to do: Kiss my dad and laugh at me when I get hurt."

Marisa (rhymes with Teresa) said...

Fun to see you today. I can't believe out of all the thousands of people, I saw you. I am completely sympathetic to the terrible two's. Mia was a dream also and most of Ashton is completely new to me. He had three time outs ON HIS BIRTHDAY! He pushes buttons, literally and figuratively, hits, pinches, head butts, smacks, and hides in the corner to eat multiple pieces of gum when he can get his hands on a pack. It's a phase, it's a phase, our boys won't always be like this. Right?

Carrie said...

Ambyr: We'd love to come have dinner after the yard sale. Have you figured out when you'd like to have it? Carson wants to do a lemonade stand and I told him to "knock himself out"! ha ha!

Marisa: I couldn't BELIEVE we saw each other on Saturday! Literally thousands of people and our paths cross? Amazing!!! With the warmer weather we need to meet at a park or something soon!