Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It's Never Too Late

It's never too late to update your blog....no matter how far behind you are!

It's also never too late to get sealed in the temple to your loved one. Sam's Aunt Belva was sealed to her husband, Bob, last Saturday. Belva is 82 and Bob is 92. Super fantastic!


Sam's brother and a couple bros-in-law. That guy on the left? Well, that's Jeff. Jeff is the super star who did our sheet rock. He is pretty dang cool. He has completely finished the sheet rock, tape, and mud process. I feel bad for him though because now that he's done, he doesn't get to hang out with me all day anymore. I'm pretty sure he's devastated. Ha Ha!!


I guess when you are 82 and 92, you need to get your priorities straight and be safe and hold the handrails instead of holding each other's hands when walking down stairs.


Half the Sweet family and some various cousins thrown in just to confuse me. Although, I'm happy to meet that little girl on the bottom right. She was so cute I seriously wanted to borrow her for a few years. She is albino. I'm sure that's politically incorrect to phrase it that way, but DANG! Her hair was so white I couldn't get over it. She had glasses too....kids with glasses are automatically my favorite.


Ha Ha, we're dorks. Oh, poor Fontella...


Thanks Jessica! Now she doesn't feel left out!


It's also never too late to clear dinner out of your teeth before your son pins a Bear Scout pin on your shirt. At least that's what it looks like I was doing here.


Carson rocks. He earned the rank of Bear in scouting. Phew, all my...er, HIS work paid off!


We've been attending Parker's soccer games lately. Well, unless they are rained out. We've had quite the rainy spring season here. I love it. It reminds me of my days living in Seattle. Although it does make my hair a little on the afro side due to the humidity....another post for another day.

You know what's crazy about large camera lenses? I didn't know Sam was taking this picture. He was across the soccer field from me. It looks like I'm saying to myself "PU, what stinks?" Carson is either having a seizure or he sees a cool airplane. Candid shots.....fun!


This picture shows pure joy! This is Emery, she is my niece's daughter. It's a dang good thing she and her brother are on Parker's team because they are so good!


Oh yeah, back to the sheet rock...that stuff is messy as all get out. Here's a shelf in my house. Look how dirty it is! That crap is all over every single surface. One day I will have a clean house again. I swear.


We finally cut down the mostly dead tree in our front yard on Saturday. Now I need to plant a replacement tree. Any suggestions? I'm thinking a flowering pear tree.


This dead aspen is a goner as well.


Did everyone have a good Mother's Day? My brother and his wife had a baby girl on Mother's Day, it doesn't get much better than that! It was so nice of them to break the boy-trend in this family! The baby's name is Lucy. I held her on Sunday and last night and I'm already itching to hold her again. She is beautiful, perfect, and I love her so much! C'mon Curtis and Shandy, when can I babysit??? :)

Okay, next stop: paint. Ug. Stay tuned for that.

Finally: Nothing says "Spring" like three boys devouring hot fudge sundae's! Let the warm weather arrive soon!

6 comments:

fern said...

plant my favorite- a weeping tree so theboys can have a hideout!

Rose said...

Sam and his power tools! ;)

Natalie said...

That's an awesome geriatric hand-rail picture. It's better late than never!

Glad you posted again. And I think Carson was having a seizure. Too freaky for airplane spying. You should get that checked out. . .

Natalie Service said...

I always love your updates!

fa said...

see the lady standing behind you at the park? go pick her wedgie-- hahahha

B/T Frank said...

I had to look at Em a few times... I couldn't tell if she was happy or spazing! I'm still cleaning up sheet rock dust from over a month ago, it pops up everywhere, so good luck with that one!