Monday, June 14, 2010

Stuff From The Past Week

Not a lot to say, except SCHOOL IS OUT FOR THE SUMMER! YAAAAYYYYYY!

I'm very happy to chill at home with the kids. No more homework and no more running to school every day. It's a nice change. We have year round school, so in a short 6 weeks I'll be ready for school to start again.

However, in six weeks Parker will be in 1st grade. This is a beautiful thing because it means I'm done with Kindergarten for awhile. It's really hard to stop your day half way through so you can be at the school at 11:18am to pick up a kindergartener. Friday is even worse....drop kids off at 8:30am, pick up the kindergartener at 10:30am. Did I meantion how happy I am? Cameron is only 2 so I won't have to worry about him in Kindergarten for another 3 years! SWEET!

Carson and Parker both earned their Distinghished Cub award. To get this award there is a big ol' list of stuff that you have to do during the year...most of the items on the list are in addition to the regular curriculum. I didn't want my kids to feel left out so we busted our rears to get everthing done in time. It was well worth the effort. Parker wore that medal all day and I had to hide it from him at night so he didn't sleep while wearing it!



Carson did a biography on himself in class this year. It was so cute!
He captured my hair (he always does!) and it looks like Sam just got his wisdom teeth pulled on the right side:


Here is Carson's 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Atzet. This picture is the BEST because this is EXACTLY what she looks like! Even that cartoon-ish smile, it looks just like her. I laugh every time I see it!


This thing is pretty cool. It's Carson's name, in cursive, with a mirror image of his cursive name. Then he made it into a monster called Dr. Cockbrainyack. NICE!


Both kids had good report cards, which is a sigh of relief. Seriously, every time I talked to Carson's teacher she always said the samething: "Carson is smart but he never stops day dreaming....I hope he marries somebody who can bring him back to reality...I hope he gets a job where he is his own boss and he doesn't have deadlines!...." Sheesh!

In other news...
We've been having a cooler-than-normal spring and I love it! My flowers love it too. My roses have never looked this good!




Our home improvements are still happening too. Sam installed shelves in the storage area of the mudroom. Now we just need to have cupboard doors manufactured, the bench completed, and crown and base boards nailed on. We are so close! I'm loving the results. Anybody is welcome to come check it out at any time. If you give me advance warning I'll whip up some goodies for you to eat while you are here. :)

5 comments:

fern said...

can you name the pink flowers?? they are native to kentucky! i love parkers goofy smile! you need to add the pictures of the kids on the rope!! it is always fun when you guys come over.... i know, everybody says that!

cathy said...

Carson's teacher... seriously. Next time she says that just say, "actually, I hope he marries someone who appreciates him JUST THE WAY HE IS. You know, kind of like Mr. Rogers does. Ha!

Sam said...

I thought we already had a deal with Colasurdos that Carson was marrying Bella. Hey Carrie, I'm giving you plenty of advanced notice...I'm coming over this afternoon to see your house...treats would be nice! The yard looks good, and better tonight if I can mow and trim.

dorst

Ambyr said...

Parker seriously cracks me up! He's soooo proud of his metal. Good job to the boys. I have liked Austin being out of school but gotta say that I'm looking forward to Sept. when he goes back cause I need a break from the constant stream of questions!!!!! I didn't know a kid could ask that many in a day to turn around and ask more the next!!!! Have a great summer!

Unknown said...

The roses look great. The pacific nw has has record rainfall soooooooo...a lot of the roses has nasty black spots and rotting blooms..