Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Weekend

What a crazy whirlwind of a weekend. It was completely crazy but I loved every minute of it! We celebrated Fathers Day and Parker's sixth birthday.

Before I go into the haps (lingo for 'happenings'), I have to tell you about my conversation with my kids tonight:
Parker: How do you spell 'six'?
Carrie: S....
Parker: E....
Carrie: I!
Parker: X
Carrie: Did you think 'six' was spelled S-E-X?
Carson: S-E-X spells 'sex' and that's bad!
Carrie: How do you know what sex means?
Carson: I dunno, it's bad! It's what gansta's do!!

At this point I couldn't carry on the conversation because I got the giggles so bad I had tears running down my nose and dripping off my chin. It's a dang good thing Sam was driving and it's a dang good thing it was dark outside and Carson couldn't see me lose control like that! At some point I'm going to have to set Carson straight on the whole sex thing but for now I think I'll just enjoy his definition of it! Classic!

Back to the weekend...
On Friday night Sam and 5 other guys from my neighborhood decided to go camping....and take all the kids.....and let their wives have a night off. I'm not exactly sure who had this genius idea, but I think he should be nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. Fur reals. It was just what I needed!

I was a little nervous regarding Cameron because he's only 2 but Sam said he did great and slept better than anyone in the tent!
Look at all those kids! This isn't even all of them either!!


The key to Cameron's happiness really is the great outdoors.


Friday night I ran about a bazillion errands to get things ready for Father's Day and Parker's birthday. It was nice to not have 3 kids encroaching upon my personal space. I felt so accomplished!

The guys got home around 2pm on Saturday. They had a blast and they smelled....real bad. After a quick sprucing up, we went to Jumping Jack's for Parker's birthday. He's been talking about going there for a few months so we obliged. My friend Mindy came and hung out with us as well. However, that place has really gone downhill! I'm pretty sure we will not be going there again. Parker didn't seem to mind, he had a great time!



Today is Parker's birthday and it's Fathers Day. Parker was born on Father's day so it was kind of fun celebrating it today. A few years ago we went up a canyon and had tin foil dinners for Father's Day. We decided to do the same thing this year. We took a picnic and had a great time!













Parker said today was his best birthday ever and Sam loved his Father's Day. Phew, my work here is done!

After we left the canyon, we hung out with Sam's mom and then went to say "hi" to Fern and came home at 11pm. The biggest shocker of all???? Cameron did not have any meltdowns during any of it! He went to bed at 11pm with a huge grin on his face. Man, there is happy gas in the fresh air of the mountains. I need to go again very soon!!

8 comments:

cathy said...

I can't wait until Carson finds out YOU'RE a gangsta!

Jess said...

We have lots of mountains in Logan ;)

fern said...

what a fun weekend! didn't make much of a dent in the ice cream though!!

DJ and Gin Family said...

I guess we're all just a bunch of gangsta's... hilarious!!

Natalie said...

Super gansta! Gangsta love is how that boy began. So funny! I'm thinking you'd better teach him pretty soon that it's not bad. Poor boy will be messed up. Aren't we all?

Sam and those other dad's are brave. So brave. If that happened at our house, I think we would permanently lose one of our kids.

Rose said...

Love the pics!

fern said...

i just have to say- i can not get enough of these pictures!! i look at them 4-5 times a day and they bring joy to my heart. so thanks!

Michelle C. said...

LOVE the "gangsta" story! Hilarious!
Love the pictures of the campouts-so fun!