Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me!

Yesterday was my birthday. It was a great birthday to boot! My day started off with a great card from Sam. He complimented me on my patience as a mother and wife, which made me realize he was talking about someone else, but it made me smile nonetheless! :)

Then, my parents came and picked up Cameron for the whole day so I could work without being interrupted. Happy Birthday to ME! It was very nice and very quiet, I need days like that once in awhile to find my sanity. Of course, they tell me Cameron was perfect for them....I choose to believe them, even if they are lying through their teeth! ha ha!

Now, let's talk about Facebook for a moment. I LOVE love LOVE Facebook on my birthday because all my friends share the love big time! I was inundated with emails full of birthday wishes. Even if they wouldn't have remembered my birthday without the FB reminder, it doesn't matter at all to me. It was a blast to get fun emails instead of boring work emails. It's like getting the mail this time of year is so fun because there are more Christmas cards than bills. Score!

This has nothing to do with my birthday, but on Saturday the kids were playing music really loud in their room. I snuck downstairs with the video camera and caught them dancing. Carson hid behind the door, but Parker acted like I wasn't there and kept dancing. I loved it! This is what happens when you don't let your kids watch TV after breakfast on Saturdays. They get creative!


For the big day yesterday I decided I wanted to go see the lights on Temple Square. I figured riding TRAX would be the best bet since the kids love trains and also because there was a Jazz game downtown last night. Lots and lots of traffic! It was lots of fun. Cameron kept saying "There's Thomas! We are on Thomas!" and Carson and Parker kept trying to stand up while the train was moving. We were classic tourists.




The weather was gorgeous for us at temple square, very mellow, not bitter freezing like it has been in the past!




However, I think everybody within a 100-mile range was either at temple square or at the Jazz game so it got super hectic. We decided to get back on the train and head to my parents house where we enjoyed a variety of fruit, rather than cake. ha ha ha! Insert evil laugh here! I blew out a candle that was in the fruit dip.


I think Carson liked the fruit. At least that is what his smile tells me!


My family was very generous as well, I received some super nice mixing bowls, sneakers, a sweatshirt (because all my sweatshirts are 20 years old, but I'll still wear them!), and a gift certificate to achieve something I've wanted to achieve for a long time...curly eyelashes! I'm getting my eyelashes tinted and curled on Saturday. Should be interesting to say the least. I have long eyelashes but they are straight as a board.

I remember one time in college I went to a football game with my friend. He asked me to go to the game right after I woke up so I put on clothes and ran out the door, no makeup. At the game, he said "how can you even see? Your eyelashes are hanging over your eyes!" ha ha ha! Rude. Anyway, even with an eyelash curler then end up straight by the end of the day. I'm excited to try something new here!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I never knew there was such a thing as an eyelash tint and curl. At first I was thinking you were talking about eyebrows, and I though who in the heck wants curly eyebrows??

My question is - where did your boys find that music? Crazy!

Carrie said...

Curly eyebrows are awesome when they are gray and long, don't you think??

That music came from a spongebob squarepants episode. The jellyfish were having a rave at Spongebob's house. :)

fern said...

that was a great video! thanks for the nice visit last night- love you guys- have a merry Christmas party withoust the andersons! ;-(

Sam said...

That was a fun birthday, thanks for having one. The fruit idea was great. You really do have a lot of patience for what your kids put you through sometimes :)

Toni said...

Glad u had a good bday, it looks like u had a ton of fun. Some days I just wish I could be a fly on the wall of your house. (well maybe not a fly, gross.... but maybe an actual monitoring device that wasn't as yucky as a fly)I think it would be very entertaining.

DJ and Gin Family said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm the only person in the US that doesn't have a FB account, so sorry I'm late!
Between yours and Sam's eyelashes, your kids are destined for long lashes. Too bad it's wasted on boys... time for a girl!
Also, you must be patient because you're married to Sam!!!! (hahaha..just kidding Samo)!