Saturday, December 18, 2010

SweeeeeEeeeeet Christmas Par-Tay

We had the Sweet Christmas party last night. I really love the annual Christmas party with the family that I call "in laws". Sam's oldest brother and his wife were in charge, which was guaranteed a good time. When I met Sam's family for the first time Sam said "You are going to love Cindy. She is kind of bossy, like you." ha ha ha! It's true, Cindy rules. She did a great job dealing with the Sweet's who like to tease you to the point of awkwardness (I've learned to embrace it).

For the first time since I've been a Sweet, Santa came to the Christmas party. Before he came in, Cindy had a bunch of Santa songs planned for us to sing. She called up some family members to hold letters that spelled "Santa". Her first mistake was that she called up grown men to hold the letters. Her second mistake was being too slow to realize the letters could be rearranged. Sam quickly directed a few guys to switch places, with this result:


Without realizing what happened, Cindy said to the little kids "What does that spell?" The kids sat there confused and Sam yelled out "SATAN!".

Cindy put on her best preschool teacher voice and quickly got things back under control. Once we sang Santa songs, Santa came strolling in. The kids loved it. You know what's weird though? There were only about 12 kids young enough to sit on Santa's lap. That kills me! When I first attended a Sweet Christmas party in 1998 I thought I would die from all the chaos of all the little kids running wild! My how times change in a few short years. Now those "little kids" are getting married and having their own kids. Sheesh, I feel like one of the old people who talk about walking up hill to school...both ways....but it's true!

Anyway, back to Satan...I mean SANTA!
Cameron was NOT having this whole sit-on-Santa's-lap routine. Mind you, we've never taken our kids to sit on Santa's lap. In fact, brace yourself, this is the very first time Carson, Parker, or Cameron have EVER sat on Santa's lap. I swear I'm telling the truth. The opportunity has never presented itself before and we don't go to malls. :)

However, after seeing Parker and Carson sit on his lap...



He finally agreed. I just kept telling him, "Just sit on his lap and say you want Thomas the Tank Engine for Christmas". He whimpered for awhile and then suddenly said "I want to sit on Santa's lap." so up he went.


Once he came back to me he started crying. I asked him what was wrong and he said "Where's Thomas????" Apparently he thought he'd get his dream come true right after sitting on Santa's lap. Oops, I failed to mention that part. Good thing he didn't realize it because I don't think the promise of a candy cane would have cut it.

I guess you're never too old to sit on Santa's lap! Good one James!


We had a pinata! Cameron was the first kid at bat. Rod put a helmet on him and handed him a heavy metal bat. It almost knocked Cameron down. So, he hoisted it up into the face bars and rested the bat there. I almost died laughing, he's so crazy!


Broken pinata+candy+kids = success!


Yeah, Cameron probably has a tooth-ache. I cannot believe the amount of candy he ate last night and today. Shameful actually!


Like I said before, I really enjoyed the Sweet Christmas party and this is my content look because I'm totally ready for Christmas so this party was the last big hoorah before the big day. It's been a great season!


Today we went to James' house to say "hi" and see Sam's sister Shauna before she left to go home to St George. Aren't they a fun family?


Meanwhile, James was having some bonding moments with Cameron. We tried to get Cameron to smile but this is the best we got. He would NOT give in to peer pressure!


Tonight our neighbors brought some Christmas goodies over. However.....the gingerbread men were a little, uh, sketchy? I'm thinking a few things:
A) totally innocent, no inuendos intended
B) totally on purpose to make us laugh
C) purchased at an erotic bakery


Finally, I got my eye lashes permed and colored today! I'm SOOOOO mad that I didn't get a "before" picture! Just understand this: they were blonde and so straight that they hung over my eyes!

I'm very happy with the results! (no make up on...I have no pride).

3 comments:

Fern said...

I love it! I am so sad we missed it.... But we are having a fabulous time in San Diego ! Love- love- love the eye lashes!!!!!!

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

Carried-you are one sexy, very svelte lady. I can say that can't I? You look FABULOUS!

I am jealous of those Sweet parties, our Hansen parties have lost the luster over the years, but I still love them.

And don't lose sleep over your kids not sitting on Santy's lap, they usually smell of beef and cheese.

Michelle C. said...

LOVE the lashes!
Looks like a very fun party too!