Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I'm A Fan

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I was able to attend the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert, featuring David Archuleta. It was amaaaaazing!



Seriously, I thought he had a great voice when he was on American Idol...but hearing him live, performing with the Tabernacle Choir, BLEW MY MIND! I was completely mesmerized the whole time and when it was over I was panicky..."No, it can't be over yet!!!" type of panic.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. We went with some great friends, the Sharpe's. We've know the Sharpe's since our days of being newlyweds living in the avenues in downtown Salt Lake City. Reconnecting with long-time friends while attending a Christmas concert. Just one of the many reasons I love this time of year!

You know what else I love? Knock Knock jokes that Carson makes up. Let me break it down for you:

Carson: Knock Knock
Carrie: Who's there?
Carson: Ketchup
Carrie: Ketchup who?

Insert tons of laughter from ALL 3 BOYS and SAM. That's when I realized I said "catch a poo". Dang potty talk.

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'll be honest, while I like David A. on AI and all, I laughed at what a huge deal was being made of the concert. Boy, did I eat my words. Just the bits with him on Music and The Spoken Word on Sunday morning were awesome!! That would have been a great concert to attend.
Thanks for sharing the awesome knock knock joke; Ben will go crazy for it (the Martineau men really like ketchup).

Fern said...

Ha ha - Carson is punneee

Brittni Schroeder Photography said...

HAHA! Good one Carson! I love a good poo joke. Who doesn't?

Anonymous said...

david will make many people change their minds after this concert. one thing i don't understand - how could so many people in utah of all places not be aware how vocally stunning and glorious his voice is... been a fan since ai, and he's never failed to blow me away, with anything he sings. you've got a real treasure in david, a true vocal master, and i hope this concert has begun to wake many up in their support of him. thank you for going, for listening to someone i consider to be one of the best voices to come along in a generation.

Ginger said...

How do they pick up on the potty talk SO YOUNG? The worst part is I'm starting to join em. Shhhhh. I think I might even tell the ketchup joke I like to make them laugh. :)

Holly Strong said...

Hahahaha Carson. Glad you explained it Carrie, since I had NO IDEA what was funny. I'm so glad the potty talk is getting less and less at our house. But I seriously love all the funny things "YOU" write about. LOL

Becky said...

knock, knock

whose there?

Gee I really gotta gope

gee I really gotta gope hoo??

Sam said...

knock knock...
Who's There?
I gotta goat
I gotta goat who?

Thanks Becky