Saturday, December 25, 2010

Ho Ho HO....Green Giant

Does that giant green guy say the same thing as Santa??

Merry Christmas! We had a great few days here for sure. My parents came over for Christmas Eve and we made our traditional homemade pizza. Cameron even learned the art of spreading cheese ball on crackers, that's a lifelong skill!



Then we made cookies for Santa:





Then Santa made some videos for the boys so we watched them. Seriously, if you haven't used the PNP, Portable North Pole videos you are missing out. My friend Cathy told me about it, it seriously brought magic into the room as we watched them. At one point Carson said "I know you guys just made this video!" and then a few seconds later he said, with a reverent whisper: "just kidding, I know Santa made it". It was awesome! All three boys were MESMERIZED!




Then we had our traditional French Crepes for dessert:


Sam read Luke 2 from the Bible and we sent the kids to bed. They were pretty giddy. I told Parker "If I can't sleep tonight, I'll come to your room and we'll play games okay?" He happily gave me a thumbs up and went to bed.

At 5am Parker woke me up and said "hey mom, remember you said you'd come play games with me if you couldn't sleep?" I said "Yeah,I remember. However, I was asleep! Go to bed!!" So I walked him back to the stairs and made sure he went into his room. As I was heading back to bed, I saw some flashing lights in the window by my front door. I looked outside and LAUGHED MY GUTS OUT!


There's a story here.

Once upon a time at work, there was an auction. One item up for bid, was a chair we affectionately called "Big Red". It is a huge executive office chair. I was almost outbid but at the last minute I won the bid by $.50. This past summer, Sam and I decided it was time to get rid of Big Red and, perhaps, we should give the chair to my co-worker who almost outbid me. Well, we MAY or may NOT have climbed her fence and placed the chair on her deck. I really can't confirm whether this event took place or not.

Well, somehow Big Red came back into my life sometime between 12AM and 5AM on Christmas Day. It's a Christmas Miracle....or tragedy, I haven't decided yet. However, I can't believe how hard I was laughing. I totally woke Sam up and made him look outside. I wonder what the neighbors thought? ha ha ha!

Finally at 7am I gathered the boys. They hadn't slept much and were runnin' on pure adreneline.


The morning was wonderful. The kids were very excited about everything and everyone!



Cameron had his grumpy moments, but that is to be expected!




We got him back by introducing him to the world of "jack in the box" toys! This one has Sir Topham Hat popping up out of the box. He smiled the first few times, then he got scared, we laughed, and then he was petrified of it. I'm smiling right now remembering it. Good times!


Sam is taking the boys to a Jazz game next week. I think Parker was feeling enthusiastic about it.


After we opened presents, we went to my parents house to watch them open gifts and then we had the most amazing breakfast....Cinnamon Bread (more like cake!) from Kneaders, it makes the BEST french toast. Plus egg casserole. Wow. I'm still full!

Then we visited with some of the Sweet's and then had a fabulous soup/bread bowl dinner at my Aunt and Uncle's house. Wow, did I mention I'm still full? Luckily I laughed so much after dinner that I hope I burned at least one bite's worth of calories from that cinnamon french toast! I love hanging with family and larfing out lard. Seriously, I am so completely blessed. I hope everybody else had a great Christmas!

And now, good night!

6 comments:

DJ and Gin Family said...

I love your posts.... thanks for the laughs!

Rose said...

Sam did a great job getting Cameron's grumpy face pics!
Merry Christmas!

Lindsey said...

Great post; it looks like it was a great Christmas.
And Carrie, you are lookin' good, sistah!

cathy said...

Glad the videos worked out. They were awesome!

Natalie said...

Those grumpy pants pictures of Cameron are great! It's not a true Christmas if someone doesn't throw a fit.

I love the chair gag! That's some dedicated gift-giving to do that on Christmas Eve! Now you get to plan the return and do it even bigger and better!

Carl and Pat said...

Thanks for making our Christmas so much fun. Never a dull moment!