Sunday, December 18, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me!

My birthday was this past week on the 13th. I'm 37. 37 doesn't feel much different than 27 really. I honestly think I mentally stopped maturing at about 25 so I suppose that makes the birthdays much easier to accept!

One of my birthday gifts was a card reader for my computer so now I can update my blog from my regular computer instead of the laptop, which I am very happy about! The laptop is quite temperamental and we have had some stern words with each other and now our relationship is strained. So, happy blogging from here on out!

Last Sunday Carson earned his Tenderfoot in Boy Scouts. It was fun attending the Court of Honor and seeing the way things are run in Boy Scouts vs. Cub Scouts. I'm so excited for Carson to experience all that comes with Boy Scouting! I guess they are doing a Klondike winter camp in February that Sam will probably attend too....I'm so glad I'm not a boy!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't last 5 minutes camping in the snow. Boys are crazy! :)

The obligatory picture of Carson pinning the Tenderfoot mother's pin on me. I'm gaining quite a collection these days. Can't wait to see my collection after 3 boys go through scouting!


Yesterday morning we enjoyed the annual Sweet Family Christmas Party. Good food, good fun, good entertainment, and good conversations! What more could we ask for??






We had a gift exchange for all the cousins under the age of 18. All the boys sat in a circle and did their exchange, and all the girls did the same. I was shocked at the size of the boy circle vs. the girl circle! Dang!



Cameron scored the cutest little giraffe pillow pet. He loves it! In fact, he's taking a nap with it right at this very moment. :)


We ended the party with musical talent from the Sweet family. Don't worry, I wasn't asked to participate because we all know what my voice sounds like! ha ha ha!
However: Sam, Carson, Parker, and Nick sang for us and it was beautiful!


My mother in law, Fontella, and her last living sibling: Belva. These two are a hilarious pair and we love them tremendously!


Mel and Aaron singing "Grandma got run over by a reindeer". We tried to get Fontella to lay down in front of them but she ignored us. ha ha!


After the Sweet party, we went to my parents house that evening for a birthday par-tay for me. It was super fun to hang with family and friends and laugh our guts out. Case in point: I have no idea what is so funny here, but Sam captured the moment!


Maybe they were discussing my brother Mike's "man fur" ugliest Christmas sweater he made....


Frightening eh? Needless to say, Mike's costume won the grand prize! The part that makes me belly laugh the hardest is how he got the cut up afro wig to stick on his body: MAPLE SYRUP! Oh my what a smelly mess! He has no fear and no inhibitions!

Very typical picture: Nalani and I always solve the world's problems when we get together! Don't we look like we mean business??


Here I am getting ready to blow out my bazillion candles on the delicious Sub Zero ice cream pie! Luckily Cameron helped me blow them out because I don't have much lung capacity these days!


Oh, ha ha ha! Sam, I didn't think it was possible for anybody to love ice cream more than you do....but I think I found your match: Check out Ellie Oram's face in this picture! CLASSIC! She is like "gimme ice cream and nobody gets hurt!"


My brother's family is here until after Christmas so hopefully we can get to all the events we have on our wish list between now and then! Honestly, I'm just hoping I don't go into labor before they leave because then I'll miss out on some fun! My doctor is planning a January 7th induction and I'm great with that date!

2 comments:

Amy B. said...

O.M.Gross!!! Mike, that is Disgustingly Awesome!!! Tell him hi for us and give us a ring if he's up in Davis county anytime before he leaves...and all of you have a Merry Christmas...alas, this is the second year I haven't sent christmas cards...I'm a loser!

auntie fern said...

ewwww! the hair is still standing on the back of my neck and to be honest- gagging from that sw-hair-ter picture.... love the pictures from the sweet party- specially of my kiddos! thanks sammy! i am reserving friday the 13th -whaahaaaahaaa to be my day to watch your baby-- and whoever else is around... you can do whatever you want that day!