Wednesday, December 21, 2011

You Should Have Seen The Other Guy

Yesterday started out like any other day...getting kids to school, working, cleaning up after the whirlwind known as Cameron....

My friend stopped by with some delicious Christmas candy and as we were visiting my phone rang. She asked if I needed to get it, I responded "no" without looking at the Caller ID. Lucky for me, we have an answering machine that is heard to all who are in the room when you leave a mesage. It went something like this:

Mrs. Sweet, this is Leslie from Parker's school, Parker collided heads with his friend at recess. The other child is fine, but Parker's eye is incredibly swollen and we need you to come check it out as soon as possible.

Also lucky for me, I have 3 boys and don't tend to get too stressed with stuff like this! I looked at my friend and said "well, like Sam always says, this just shakes up the day!"

My friend left and as I was getting my shoes on to head to the school, my phone rang again. This time it was my neighbor. He was all in a panic. He said "Carrie, can I come over, I need you to look at my lip and tell me if I need stitches because my German Shepard just bit my lip!"

Sure, come on over....Parker's just laying in the office with ice on his eye....

Neighbor came running over, bare-footed (hysterical!). His lip was fat and sure enough, he had a nice slit where the dog's tooth sunk in. It wasn't stitch-worthy in my opinion though (but again, I'm a little laid back with these things). I told him to put Neosporin on it, maybe super glue if he's freaked out, and for heavens sake, put some shoes on!

I then ran out the door with Cameron. The office staff was so nice to Parker and gave him all sorts of compassion and sympathy. He was laying on a couch, trying not to cry. I took one look at his puffy eye and said "Hey buddy! Guess what is so cool? You are going to have a black eye for all your Christmas pictures! You will NEVER forget the Christmas of 2011. How lucky is that??" Parker smiled, the office staff looked at me like I was crazy, and then I checked Carson and Parker out of school 1/2 hour early. It was a good afternoon!! We came home and snarfed down some homemade bread I made earlier that day. All is right with the world.


Here is what his eye looked like when we got home. The swelling had decreased by at least half after all the ice. Well played, ice. Well played.


Here is what his eye looked like this morning at breakfast. Those colors are going to be fun to watch them change every day. On a side note, have I ever told you how much I love Parker's ears? Awww, I love this kid!


Last night we went with my parents and brothers family to Thanksgiving Point to see the Holiday Lights. Afterwards we went to Curtis' house for hot chocolate. While at Thanksgiving Point, my dad was talking to Parker. He said "If Curtis asks you what happened to your eye, tell him you got hit...but you should have SEEN the other guy!!!". Parker calmly says (as only Parker can) "Nah, I'll just tell him the truth." ha ha! Seriously, coolest kid ever!

We saw Reindeer at Thanksgiving Point. Pretty fun!



This morning, Cameron's preschool class had their Christmas Program. Chaos at its best! It was pretty cute. Songs were sung, pictures were taken, instruments were played, cookies were consumed, and the teachers HAPPILY sent the kids on their way, not to return for 2 weeks! :)



The kids had done a gift exchange where the dollar limit was one dollar. Luckily, Target has a great dollar section! Cameron was supposed to give a gift to a girl named Hannah. I found some Hello Kitty hair clips so that is what she got. She was ecstatic! She was jumping up and down, ripped open the package, and put all the clips in her hair right then and there! Best dollar I ever spent! Cameron got this sweet car. He loves it, despite the look on his face. ha ha! He has been playing with the car ever since we got home. Success!


And finally:
Last week I was in a frenzy trying to get Christmas stuff all taken care of so on the way home, Cameron and I stopped at McDonalds for lunch. We went through the drive thru and came home to eat. I ordered Cameron some chicken nuggets. When we got home, I opened his chicken nugget container....to find a bunch of nasty nacho cheese with little pieces of jalepeno inside! Oh man, McDonalds is so lucky I was too tired to go back and rip them a new one!! So, Cameron got a sandwich to go with his fries. No fake chicken for him! ha ha!

2 comments:

Fern said...

Seriously gross cheese!! Way to play t cool Parker!!!

Natalie said...

Not cool, McDonalds. Not cool. I spend so much money there, I would insist on some sort of "life time" benefit.

Poor Parker. Good job playing it cool. Are you the neighborhood nurse?