Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Merry Christmas!

My last post was in November, about Halloween, and now it's December....so, Merry Christmas! I knew once Halloween hit I'd be in trouble because the holiday season would make every day fly by as my belly got bigger and bigger. I'm just under 5 weeks away from delivery. I'm waddling around like a penguin and doing Christmas shopping is serious torture for my loosening ligaments and joints! ha ha! Good thing I'm almost done with my shopping. If anybody knows what I can get my mother-in-law for Christmas, I'm all ears! Seriously, she's a tough one to buy for!

Okay, here's a run down of what's up lately:

First of all, let's do a few "Cameron says" moments shall we? That kid is only 3 and he's got the BEST personality, I just can't get enough of him!

Carrie: Does Santa like boys who are bad?
Cameron: No
Carrie: Does Santa like boys who are good?
Cameron: ……No?
Carrie: Yes he does!
Cameron: OH! I thought you meant good to EAT!!! That would be gross!

Another one, this happened just today:

Cameron: When I’m old will I change my name to “dad” and go to work?
Carrie: Um...yeah...
Cameron: I KNEW IT!! I won’t even need a stool anymore and I can make my own ice cream cones!!!!!!

I see where his priorities are!

In other news:
As many of you know, I've been slightly frustrated with Carson's teacher this year. We've gone the rounds and then I prepared for the WORST parent/teacher conference in mid-November. Surprisingly, it wasn't as bad as I feared. His grades are acceptable but we just need to convince him to get his work done the day it's assigned. Imagine my surprise when the week after his parent/teacher conference, he was given an award for getting his work done! What in the what?? I'm not sure if I'm being buttered up for something, but I'm not going to question it! I was helping out at Cameron's school that morning so my mom was kind enough to attend the little "Climbing Higher" program and email me a picture of Carson with the Principal. Thanks mom!


For Thanksgiving, Cameron's preschool class held a little Thanksgiving feast for the kids, their parents, and their grandparents. It was pretty dang cute. Once again my mom came to the rescue and snapped this picture of Cameron wearing the turkey hat he made. Love it!


Also in November, my friend Laura gave me a little baby shower with a few friends from the neighborhood. At first I was against the idea because this will be my 4th baby but Laura knew me well when she said "Carrie, don't take this the wrong way, but it's your first girl and you NEED HELP!" Ha ha, so true! I'm dang clueless when it comes to baby girls. I'm so thankful for the generosity of wonderful friends who came to support me and this little girl. It was a blast!






I feel a lot more prepared now to welcome this little one into our lives! I've been educating myself on hair bows, and coordinating outfits, and guess what else? I have a travel size wipes container that is covered in fabric and flowers! That's right, I'm pretty snazzy thanks to my friend Ginger Ekberg!!

We've been working dang hard on the baby's room. I absolutely LOVE the way it turned out. Just a few more details to take care of but overall the room is ready.

The room used to have a denim-looking paint on the bottom, a red chair rail, and white walls above the rail. Here we are starting the process. We painted the upper walls green.


Then we put up some bead board.


Then we painted trim, hung a chandelier, and put all the furniture in the room. I am so happy with the end result!




My friend gave me this "Fancy Nancy" book because she said if my daughter has curly hair she imagines it will look like this little girl's! Love it! Thanks Mindy!


Thanksgiving this year was with the Sweet family and we had some grubbin' food and great conversations. Because Fern is amazing and thoughtful, she borrowed my boys one night and had them help her make these fun Turkeys for the tables on Thanksgiving day. So cute!


After we stuffed ourselves silly, the kids went outside to play. Russ hoisted a bunch of kids into this huge tree. I was pretty sure somebody would fall and we've have an Instacare visit, but everybody hung in there pretty well!


Then Russ just had to join the fun and climbed into that tree himself! Kid at heart!


Definitely looking prego!


Now we're gearing up for the Christmas season. I seriously can't believe it's less than 3 weeks away. Good times! My brother and his family are traveling here from Indiana to spend Christmas with us so all the Clark kids will be together this year, it's sure to be a wild and crazy time! Here's hoping I don't go into labor in December. I desperately want a January baby, not December. Wish me luck! :)

7 comments:

Fern said...

December babies are good for your taxes..... You seriously look so good!!! Love that cam- and park and cars!!!

PrincessKatie said...

FUn update. Wish I'd have known about your shower would have been fun to spoil you with girl stuff! i love girl stuff!

Lindsey said...

Good grief, it's about time; I've been needing a "sweet" update from you!

Ginger said...

So her name is Lillie? So cute. It was good to see the old neighborhood in real life and not on the computer. :) The room is ADORABLE.

The Airharts said...

Oh my gosh...You have no idea how much I love when you post on your blog! Remeber the old times of a sweetlife update almost 2-3 times a week! Please tell me the day will come again where this happens! I need sweet humer in my life more! The nursary looks darling, and the shower looked fab-cant wait to see this little baby girl!

Angela said...

your daughter's room looks amazing. Have a terrific Christmas and I can't wait to hear all about the arrival of little Lillie.

laura said...

LOVE the nursery! I'm dying over that chandelier!

can't wait to meet this little gal!