Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Alright Already!

Here's my dang update.

It's not that I don't have stuff to blog about, it's just hard to sit at the computer and blog when I'd rather lay on the couch and gag instead! :)

Okay, first things first:
My friend, Amy Curtis, made the most amazing apple pie with apples from her apple tree! Now, I have tasted her apple pie before so I was already salivating before she actually arrived with it. It was nice because the kids were already in bed so Amy, Sam, and I pigged out on pie and chatted for a few hours. Friends are the best!


On September 7th, Dexter turned 1 year old. Curtis and Shandy threw a great party and we stuffed our faces and enjoyed Dexter's company.
Carson created a new game that night. He held a balloon above the A/C condenser and then he would laugh hysterically to see how high the balloon would go. I swear, that kid is the most self entertaining child I know!


As you can see, Dexter demolished his cupcakes! He didn't even hesitate at all! He is a true CLARK!


Somebody gave Dexter a little rubbery fish lure with another bigger present. I'm guessing it was meant as a joke, but holy cow, Dexter would not stop chewing/sucking/slobbering on it! It was so funny! All the other cool presents were being opened before his eyes and he would hardly react. I love that Dexter!!


This past weekend we went to Governor's Day at Camp Williams. My "boys" (including Sam) were in heaven. They got to play in a Blackhawk helicopter and a tank.




Oh yeah, I need to brag a little on Sam's behalf. He has become obsessed with wakeboarding the past few summers. He has really improved his skills quite a bit! Over Labor Day weekend he went to Flaming Gorge with Fern's family. For the first time ever, Sam was out on the wakeboard at the same time Aaron was out on his. Check him out!


I totally thought this picture was staged but Sam and Carson SWEAR it wasn't. Who ever heard of a 6 year old boy reading while he was camping? Miracles never cease.


Guess what? On October 12th I will have an ultrasound to find out the sex of my baby. What do you think I'm having, a boy or a girl????

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew--I was getting a little nervous there...I thought you were trying to set a record on not posting. Glad you're back. You should show Carson's reading photo to his teacher!

Anonymous said...

i bought the softest pink bib that say's 'sweet' on it- so i am going to say that you are having a girl! besides, i am in that crazy 'i need to snuggle a baby for hours' mood.... i will bide my time though so don't be having her to early!!

nalani said...

I think it's going to be another boy but for your good graces I'll say a girl! HA! HA!

Holly Strong said...

I have to admit I'm HOPING for a girl with curly hair, but will be happy either way. :) I was just thinking that u/s would be coming up soon...YAY, I can't wait. Sounds like you've been busy. I hope you start feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Guess I better respond to the baby contest...I'm with Fern and Nalani. We all want a little baby girl, but as cute as those boys of yours are, a boy would be great, too.

Anonymous said...

I suppose you ate all the Apple Pie?

Sarah said...

I also think you are having a girl...but let me assure you that the odds of having ANOTHER 'self-entertaining' child is SLIM! (Although Dexter seems to be the same way so maybe it runs in the family!)

Susan said...

Have another boy, Carrie. Join in the fun.

cathy said...

If you really wanted a girl, you could have moved to our street. We're 7-0 in favor of girls!