Monday, September 17, 2007

Um...Parker...

Parker is growing more odd every day and I think I'm starting to get frightened. On Saturday we were working in the yard and he INSISTED on wearing his life jacket for most of the day! He seriously wandered around the yard, oblivious to cars going by and laughing at him. One day I'll have to teach him the difference between "laughing at you" and "laughing with you". Actually that could be a fun lesson to teach because of course you'd want to have both sides represented...oh the possibilities!


Then just the other day Parker said: Mommy, did you say "good stuff maynard"?
I said "yeah, you should try saying it" and he responded "I can't, it makes me too nervous!"

Then about 5 minutes later I was drinking some Diet Pepsi and Parker wanted a sip. I said "no, this is just for mommy". So he humbly said "Is it too dangerous??"
A part of me wanted to say "Yes, it's very dangerous. You should respect your mama because she can tackle a can of Diet Pepsi without receiving a single scratch!" But I was tired and sick and said "um, something like that...go watch Dora."

Well, Sam's been taking a trip down memory lane and looking at his yearbook from his senior year in High School. I looked at it tonight and started laughing so hard! I may have to try taking pictures of the pictures to show you the radical hair styles! I've never seen such BIG hair or such awesome MULLETS! OH yeah, the guys with mustaches were pretty sweet as well. I love the things people write in yearbooks. Sam has a celebrity entry in his! Do you know the band SheDaisy? Well Sam was friends with one of the SheDaisy girls, Kassidy. Part of what she wrote was "We both have something in common, we both suck at math!!" There, now you all have a connection with somebody famous, who apparently sucks at math...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have everyone know that Kassidy was great at math...and baking those big chocolate cookies with the cream cheese in the middle...mmmmmm. I would like to say I was clever enough to seem dumb at math so I could continue studying with Kassidy, Mary, Jen, and Jacinda at Kassidy's house a couple times a week but I wasn't that clever, I really did suck at it.

Parker is pretty cute. We need to start writing down the things he says like with did with Carson.

Anonymous said...

Parker is indeed a classic. And very, very loveable!! We're looking forward to the photos from the yearbook.

Anonymous said...

that was great! i am going to send over my scuba gear and see what he can do woth that!!

Barb Simon said...

Gotta love Parker's originality. With Nick, it was a 1984 Sammy Sam Olympics sweat suit--he wore it every day for months...
Thanks for the laughs,
Aunt Barb

Barb Simon said...

Parker's a one of a kind! We need more "to heck with what everybody else thinks" people in this world!
Aunt Barb

Karen said...

As my mom says, "Normal is a cycle on the washing machine." You don't want normal or ordinary...you want kids who are original and think outside of the box. Oh, the tales I could tell you about your cousin Kris! Don't worry, be glad and foster it!

Aunt Karen