Saturday, September 29, 2007

My Weekend

I love this time of year...the cooler temperatures, the leaves are changing colors, I get to help my kids decide what to be for Halloween, and the stores are full of Halloween candy!! I had a craving for green apples and then I saw the Kraft caramels...of course!! Caramel Apples! They are delicious and we all had fun making them.



We went to Gardner Village the other day because they totally decorate the whole village with witches and pumpkins and all sorts of fun Halloween stuff. They have a huge pond with ducks and fish....Carson threw a little pebble toward the ducks and it landed on a duck's back, and stayed there. It's impressive but he still had a lecture of "don't throw things at the ducks!"


These witches were brewing up something fun and by the tilt of Carson's head and his flexed fingers, you can tell he was wiggin' out and loving this scene!!


I'm trying to potty-train Parker...again... It's such a pain. This is something I wish they could teach themselves! Here is Parker talking to his daddy on the phone telling him "I'm a good boy, I'm sitting on the potty!"


Today we've had some big success with the potty-training. He had about 3 accidents yesterday and never successfully went on the toilet. Today, he had 2 accidents and 2 successes in the toilet!! I learned that he didn't like "sitting" so I put a stool by the toilet and he likes to stand and pee. I was so focused on this "stance" that I forgot to talk about the difference between going #1 and #2. Well, as you may have guessed, he was standing...I wasn't in the bathroom...he started FREAKKING out...I walked into the bathroom...he yells "It's BROWN and it's not a spaceship!"...I look down on the stool...there is a big ol' #2 just chillin' there!! EWWWWWW!!! I was brave and said "Parker, this is mommy's fault. I forgot to give you all the details of potty-training. You are a good boy!!!" GAG!

Lucky for you, no pictures of the above event!

There is a new mega-hospital opening up next month in Murray called the Intermountain Medical Center. If you are cool, you'll just say I-Med. There were public tours there so we went with my parents to check it out. Very snazzy indeed! Too bad my OB's office is staying at LDS hospital because the maternity ward was so beautiful! Of course, the Life Flight helicopter was there so that was a magnet for the boys in my family. We even stayed until the closing of the open house so we could watch the helicopter take off. Parker's words: That was really really really so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Today was the first snow of the season. Yesterday was close to 80 degrees. Today was in the 30's for a good part of the day. See, I LOVE this time of year because it's so unpredictable!


Now I have to convince Sam that it's not too early to put up Halloween decorations. Wish me luck...

5 comments:

Susan said...

Love the potty training story! Darren had to ask what I was laughing about. With little boys standing up you also have to watch their aim. We've learned that the hard way. It snowed here too, yesterday. Funny weather.

Anonymous said...

put some apples behind the carmel apples (so you can't see the stove) and i would swear it was a picture from martha stewart!!!

nalani said...

No mention of your fun Saturday with me?? RUDE! I love the picture of Parker on the potty---too funny!

Holly Strong said...

Those apples look DELICIOUS!!! I might need to make a trip to the store. And that Parker is one funny kid!!!!

Amelia said...

I was in Sandy this weekend... how close was that to you?? I kind of drove down at 1 in the morning Sunday morning and was back in Logan Sunday night late! haha.