Thursday, October 08, 2009

Fall Is In The Air

I just LOVE this time of year! I love the crisp weather. I love yanking my flowers out of the ground and putting pumpkins in their place. I love how it just SMELLS like Halloween outside! Does that make sense to anybody but me?

Fall brings....football.
I took some pictures at Carson's game last night. Sam is the coach and I love watching him interact with the kids.



Look at the kid in red! He's totally listening! That's probably more than I can say for all the kids in white....8 and 9 year olds have a very short attention span!


Sam is saying: We want to run the ball "THIS WAY"! Well, either that or he's showing the kids his favorite dance moves...


wow, a picture says a thousand words....
When I grow up I want to be just like my daddy....ya know, stuff like that!


Uh-Oh...somebody has to go to the bathroom. Oh hey, I think Carson does too!


Speaking of Fall...remember when Parker fell off the trampoline? OH man, that was some good times....good times.
Fern and Russ went to New York and brought Parker back this monkey. Because Fern is incredibly thoughtful, she bandaged up the monkey's left arm so it would be just like Parker.


When she told me what she did, I said "Fern, this is why I need you in my life! You think of these kinds of things when I don't!" Let's be honest, I'm too busy laughing to be that kind and sensitive!

Tonight Parker had a soccer game. Part of me wondered if he shouldn't play due to the injury. Then the other part said "Nah, you don't use your arms in soccer!"

Parker, when in doubt, pinky out!


Agghhhhh! TOO MUCH PINKY! Stop, stop, stop!


Finally, you can't enjoy the Fall season without caramel apples!

Tomorrow is Carson's 9th birthday. I asked him if he wanted cake, or if we should do something totally awesome, like caramel apples! No surprise, he chose caramel apples. hee hee!

We had so much fun decorating apples tonight, I hope he lets us do them every year for his birthday.

We used various sprinkles:


And chocolate and candy.

Here's my personal favorites: mummys!



Too bad we have to wait until tomorrow night to partake!




And yes, I'm trippin' (in keeping with the "fall" theme) that tomorrow I will have a 9-year old son. Didn't he just learn to say "mama"? Oh wait, his first word was actually this sentence: WHAT IS IT????? He still uses this phrase constantly. He's my inquisitive child fo-sho. Love ya Carson!!!

8 comments:

Becky said...

Instead of doing my Kip impression and saying "Peace out" I'm saying "pinky out!"

Your captions are heeeeelarious!!

Becky said...

Oh yea, and can we come over for Carson's birthday. It could be the year for the "Let's invite obscure friends who you don't know" party to go along with those delicious apples.
That looks like so much fun.

Nicole Marsh said...

Yum!! Those apples looks so good.

Toni said...

Those apples are my favorite!!!! I can't wait to make some, your look sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yummy!

Ambyr said...

Sam looks like a great coach. K- my next birthday I'm findin you and havin you make me some carmel apples!!! Wow those look good.

Unknown said...

Please ship two of the apples to Uncle Phil and Aunt Karen while I still have my own teeth to eat them with!

Rose said...

We'll be there in a few minutes!

Fern said...

that was fun with everyone there ! The apples turnedout great-- thanks for a fun night.