Monday, November 02, 2009

Cast Off!

We decided to cast off the demons of Halloween and get Parker's cast off today!

Let me back up...normally I wouldn't care that my pumpkins were stolen on Halloween night, however, last year we threw our pumpkins off our roof into the garbage can in the street around Thanksgiving time. It was tremendous fun, and now I only have a few remaining pumpkins left. Hmmmm, I'll have to think about this one...maybe we can throw dirty diapers off the roof instead? Oh puh-lease...I'm not THAT trashy! We'd make sure they were only gently used diapers....

Anyway, Parker got his cast off today.

He was nervous and he kept asking me how bad his arm was going to stink. Well, that's my fault actually. For 3 weeks now I've been taunting him and telling him that his cast is going to smell ROTTEN when they saw it off! Oh that's another thing! I've been telling him they will saw it off with a huge saw and it might hurt, but only for a few days!

Just kidding, sort of...I was way more subtle in my terrorizing....but I did tell him it would stink!

He was nervous but super brave. The doctor got out this cool saw and busted right through the cast. I was so surprised at how bruised his arm was. I thought it was dirt at first but the doctor told me it was bruised at the break site. Crazy! It's been a month since he broke it, I can't believe it's still bruised!


But guess what? His arm didn't stink. Huh. Maybe I was just a dirtier kid when I broke my arm some 30 odd years ago! Or maybe they have better casting supplies now than what I received...yeah, I bet that's it!

Poor Parker, he keeps protecting his arm like it's still broken. He won't use it. I told him he better start working those muscles again or his arm is going to shrivel up and die like that witch's legs at the beginning of the Wizard of Oz. He hates that movie so I'm not sure it's healthy to compare his arm to those legs... Cut me some slack, he's my first child to have broken a bone. I don't know the etiquette yet! Now, getting stitches is something I understand, I'm brilliant when it comes to getting stitches!

Check out the awesome moon tonight. This was taken from my point and shoot camera as Sam was driving So big. So yellow. Just how Parker's bruise will look in about 4 days. Hork.

5 comments:

PrincessKatie said...

Yeah for getting his cast off. Was his arm way way dry? Thats how mine ws when I was a kid and broke my arm. Thats odd its still bruised did the Dr say thats normal? I am sure Parker will forget about it in no time and be using tht arm all the time!

Amy B. said...

Ohhhh...his little arm looks kind of dead or something...hhaha!

mindy said...

We still have 3 jack-o-lanterns that you are welcome to have for your roof tossing activity. Sorry that some jerks stole yours. Bah Halloween.

fern said...

yeah parker!! i hope mommy took you out for ice cream afterwards for being soooo brave!!

Natalie said...

You're awesome! Telling your child his arm is going to shrivel just like the witches legs on the Wizard of Oz. Awesome. Neal always says that pain is the best motivator.