Sunday, November 01, 2009

Halloween Two-Oh-Oh-Nine

We had a fun Halloween at the Sweet household! The day was so crazy I don't know how we ever pack all the activities into the day when it's NOT on a Saturday! Sam and I both agree: Halloween should always be celebrated on the last Saturday in October. I should write my congressmen...

On Friday the kids had a Halloween parade at school. We dressed Cameron up too so he wouldn't feel left out, he was a cute little fat frog.


Parker was Bumblebee from Transformers. This was the only shot we got of him at the parade. He was too nervous to slow down for a picture so we got him on the run! It was so funny! By next year he'll be a seasoned veteran at the annual parade so maybe we'll capture his personality more. ha ha!


You really got to hand it to those Walmart costume designers....If you look closely at Carson's Clone Trooper costume's mask, you'll see that his nose is TOTALLY smooshed up against the plastic! Oh my gosh, I laughed my guts out every time he put that mask on!


Saturday we made cinnamon sugar doughnuts...well, really I just cut hunks of canned roll dough and tossed them in really hot oil. They were surprisingly tasty!


We then went to work on carving pumpkins.


Parker is thinking...that looks easy, I'm pretty sure I can do that!


While Parker lost interest real fast....here are the end results.

Carson gutted his pumpkin by himself and he drew the face. Sam helped him carve the face, but it's exactly what Carson drew. I thought he did great!


Here is Sam's pumpkin. Perfect fit!


Oh, what's that? You want to know about Sam's zombie costume??


Okay, here you go! Ha Ha, so funny! Best internet find EVAH!


We then headed to Fern and Russ' house to check out their digs! Fern was a sumo wrestler and Russ was a ninja who was dealing some crack! Hysterical!


And just to pack in a few more activities on this crazy day, we decided to have dinner with some friends before the trick or treating began!

Sam snapped some good candids. Not sure why I was cackling/laughing so hard but somebody must have said something funny! Russ Adams did homemade root beer inside a pumpkin. Might sound weird, but it tasted just fine! They also did mummy hot dogs with the kids, huge hit!







By 6pm Cameron was DONE. I took Cameron home and put him to bed and waited for the trick or treaters. Sam took the other two boys around the neighborhood to beg for candy. Sam, this should be your new profile pic on FB!


My friend came over and we sat on the front steps passing out candy, it was much nicer than sitting inside all by myself, waiting for the doorbell to ring! We definitely didn't get as many trick or treaters this year. Well, let me clarify: We did't get as many kids ages 8 and under. We got loads and loads of OLD KIDS! We are talking ages 14-17. It really irritates me. They aren't in a costume and they have Walmart grocery bags for their candy. How old is too old??? I would say next year would probably be Carson's last year. He will have just turned 10 before next Halloween.

The pumpkins all a-glow:


Satisfaction.


Here


Comes


The


Sugar Rush!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

fern said...

hahaha I love it!! totally agree with you on old people trick or treating!! bleh!! are the boys still on a sugar rush?? --counting down till wednesday!!

Natalie said...

That is an awesome halloween shirt! Although it would have been even more shocking of YOU would have worn it. Maybe next year??

laura said...

great post! you always crack me up!

those 'doughnuts' looked delicious!

Angela said...

I love reading about your family. Sounds like Halloween was a great day. I love the Zombie shirt too. I may have to buy one for next year.

Peter & Darise said...

Great pics Carrie. I don't know if you remember, but I borrowed that costume that Cameron's wearing and actually put it on. I think Cameron looks much better than I did. :) Ha!