Friday, April 02, 2010

Another Day, More Progress!

An archway was added where the old door used to be. See Sam's legs? That's going to be a storage cabinet...eventually. The door leading out to the garage is just to the right of the archway.


This is how my living room/kitchen looked this morning.


By noon, this is what it looked like:



We will be removing the framing from the old wall but we need some electrical outlets moved before that can happen. Super excited to see how nice it looks when it is completely open!

We also have stairs now leading up to the mudroom from the garage:


Because projects like these overwhelm me, I am trying to only think of the next two steps. So, here are the next two steps:

Electrical: My cousin just happens to be a superior electrician so he will come and put in canned lighting. Ceiling fans will come down and the hideous kitchen light will be gone forever like a bad dream!

Sheetrock: I have a brother-in-law who can out-sheetrock anybody I know. He will sheetrock the mudroom and arch.

So far I'm extremely happy with the way everything is turning out! This sounds weird and Feng Shui, but I already feel so much more comfortable in my own house now that everything is opened up. It's making me like my house again, which is huge because the past year I've started developing a real distaste for my walls. :)

2 comments:

Rose said...

Fabulous!

Natalie Service said...

I'm seriously getting giddy because I LOVE stuff like this!!! It's looking so GREAT!!!! Congrats on the new found love for your beautiful home! I love it!