Thursday, April 29, 2010

Unpredictable Spring

I love this time of year. I love that last week I was wearing capris and my air conditioner was on. I love that today it snowed most of the day. Spring is awesome. A few days ago we had a mega rain storm. Of course it was garbage day so garbage cans were floating down the river, er, I mean street. Adventurous!

Because it's fun to torture Parker, I told him to run outside in the rain. Because Parker will do anything for a laugh, he complied.


In other news...
I made this really yummy "Rustic White Bread" the other day from the America's Test Kitchen cookbook. Totally dreamy good.


There was just one little problem....when I cut the "X" in the top of the bread before baking it, I cut a bubble and the bread sort of deflated. After it baked, it left a really unpleasant looking area in the middle of the bread:


Guess what my sis-in-law Fern called it?? "Cat Butt Bread"! ha ha ha! I seriously had to cut that part out of the bread and toss it because I couldn't get the image out of my head. Welcome to the bizarre world of Carrie, I hope you like it here.

Oh hey, you know what is super cool? Parker started Spring soccer last week. Oh how I love soccer. Not really for the sport, but for the good company and good laughs! My good friend Jene' decided to coach the team this year. Since she was the coach, she decided to stack the team with fun kids who had even more fun parents. It has worked out great for me because I get to sit on the sidelines and chat.

Love this picture. It looks like Parker has a ponytail or else Emery (blonde girl to the right) has a seriously wicked horizontal ponytail. Parker loves his black jersey. Let's see how much he loves it when the weather warms up. I wanted their team name to be the Black Hawks but they chose Black Birds instead. Whatebs.


The sheetrock/mud/tape project is coming along quite nicely, thanks to my bro-in-law Jeff! He whines about having to come hang out with me, but I know he loves it! Ha Ha!!




I went to the back doctor today for my follow visit since my cortisone shot 2 weeks ago. He said "I hope to never see you again.". I think that means my back is doing great....Yeah, that's what I'm sure he meant. I'm sure he doesn't mean I'm an annoying patient who does nothing but complain....yeah.....

5 comments:

mindy said...

Ah, to be Carrie Sweet. What an interesting blog post you have provided us with tonight. I am totally with you on the "cat butt bread", I would have had to cut that part out as well. (Ugh, the visual is sticking with me.)
And I love the picture of Parker's pony tail. hehe
Now, my girls weren't invited to be on the fun kids with cool parents soccer team. What's up with that? Mean Jene!
Glad you back is better and your remodel rocks. I am so stinking jealous!

Natalie said...

That's one neat pony tail your young boy is sporting. I remember a kid who lived next to Morfin's who had a long rat-tail. Looks like they're coming back in style?

I'm with Fern - total butt hole bread.

Maria said...

I'm glad your back is doing better. I have similar problems with my back and had to get a Cortisone shot last year, and it was amazing. I've been pain-free since...knock on wood. I hope the same will be true for you.

Rose said...

Jeff does amazing work! Looooking Goooood!

cathy said...

Nice bread! (minus the cat butt) I'm so glad you're still baking. If your bread deflates when you're cutting the top, you may have let it rise a little too long.
Try it again, sans cat butt!