Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Arrrgggghh, The Blizzard of 2010

I meant my title to sound like a pirate but now that I look at it, it just looks like I'm screaming. Not screaming, pirate. Got it? Good.

Well, we had a doozy of a snow storm on Saturday (see last post) that left the neighborhood looking dreamy and winter-wonder-land-ish. Here are some pics from Sunday morning. Sam got up early and shoveled before his church meetings.




On Monday we started hearing reports of a huge blizzard heading this way. There were blizzard storm warnings on TV and it was all the news reporters could talk about. I was seriously planning on a few days of being snowed in. I was ready! I filled my car up with gas, had plenty of food, replaced all the flashlight batteries, found candles and matches.... I was actually getting pretty excited for the Arctic airflow and furious snow.

Sure enough, on Tuesday at 5:30pm it started snowin' and blowin'. Sam was scouring the neighborhood shoveling driveways all evening. It was super awesome! And then, it just stopped. It was supposed to be stormy from 5:30pm to 8:00am. By 9:00pm I think the snow had completely stopped. LAME. We were left with some chilly temperatures. This morning the kids walked to school in 10 degrees of chilly-freeze-your-boogies weather. I had them very bundled up! Snowpants, sweatshirt and coats, hats, gloves, boots.... by the time we had morning prayers before school, Parker said "Mom! I can't fold my arms!" because of all his layers. It was awesome!

All day today I've had this precarious drift of snow hanging from my roof. I can't wait to see who it falls on (prolly me)!



The high temperature today has been 19 degrees. Excellent.

I do have some tragic news however...because it's FREEZING cold and the snow on our roof probably won't melt anytime soon, I am going to have to postpone the pumpkin throwing party to sometime next week (hopefully). Don't get rid of your gourds people! Just hide them in your backyard or something. When I have decided when it's safe to climb up on the roof I'll let you know.

Oh guess what? We finally put our railing back up in our kitchen. No more health hazards (or health hastards as our friend says) for us! Yay!


I guess it's time for me to start thinking about Thanksgiving stuff I can make tonight...a few pies, some roll dough....it's gonna be great! I'm pretty bummed though because my brother was trying to drive here from Idaho and the roads were so bad he had to turn around and go home. BOOOOOOO! It won't be the same without you Darren!

Anybody going to get anything amazing for black Friday? It's going to be super cold, I am going to have to think real hard about venturing out....

2 comments:

Rose said...

Missed you guys, but we had a fun, yummy dinner and we had a talent show! Good Jackson Family Times! I'm laughing at your lake-effect snow cause we got nuthin! It's cold, but not enough to cancel plans. I've got the older boys convinced to do my shopping in the a.m., so I'm sleeping in and playing racquetball with the guys!

Lizzie Fizzie said...

omgggggg that's soooo much snow! lol, it's only been 28 degrees here and i'm freaking out.