Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend 2010

I had a really fun Thanksgiving weekend. Unfortunately, my brother's family couldn't join us this year. On Wednesday, they made it from Rexburg to Blackfoot and had to turn around and go home because the roads were too icy and slick. I was so sad but completely understood! So Wednesday night I made Pioneer Woman's pecan pie and chocolate peanut butter pie. Oh my word, they were AMAZING! For my last meal, I want somebody to make me that chocolate peanut butter pie, okay? I also made dough for the rolls and let it hang out in the fridge all night.

Thanksgiving day I baked rolls and made a veggie tray. Voila! I'm ready for my share of turkey day. The food was awesome, company was great (parents, aunt/uncle, little bro's family). After vegging around for a little while I decided it was time to do something. So, several of us went and saw the movie "Tangled" in 3D. It was sooo good! I was worried that my boys wouldn't like it (taking them to see "The Princess and the Frog" was a disaster!) but they loved it! I loved it too. My favorite character: the horse. Hysterical.

After the movie, my parents took the kiddos home and Shandy and I decided to do some early Black Friday shopping. Fashion Place Mall opened at 9pm and stayed open all night. Every single store was open for business with some killer deals! 50% off everything at Gap, 40% off everything at Eddie Bauer... It was complete madness but I loved every second of it. Shandy and I were loving the people watching for sure. Once I got home, Sam went to the mall and found some basketball shoes among a few other treasures. It was a GREAT way to be part of Black Friday without having to stand out in the freezing cold at scary hours of the morning. I will definitely do it again next year!

The rest of the weekend has been sort of lazy but yet busy. We've run a lot of errands and had lots of hot chocolate. :)

Not sure why, but yesterday Parker filled up a laundry basket full of blankets and fell asleep in it. I'd blame it on the turkey, but he didn't eat too much of it! It certainly did not looke comfortable!


I just don't question what he does because he's so random. Today he told me that he wishes he could legally change his name to "bleep" because then when people were saying his name, it's like they were swearing and somebody had to "bleep" out the bad word. See what I mean? He's so.....unique. :)

Then there are these cuties. Carson filled up the kitchen sink yesterday and played with some toy fish in the water for at least 2 hours. Not kidding. Cameron dragged in a stool and joined in the fun. It was just enough time for me to sneak in a nap. Yay for kids who know how to entertain themselves!!!


For the past 2 days Sam has been building a huge shelf in our garage to hold all our "stuff". It's going to be awesome to get our garage all organized! Since we've lived in the house, there has been a piece of plywood up against one wall that held Sam's hand tools. Sam removed the plywood as part of the shelf construction. He saw a big pile of gray fluff. Upon further examination, he discovered that it was a completely decomposed bird. Poor thing must have fall down behind the plywood and couldn't fly back up and out! I'd like to blow away the dust (AKA feathers) and see what the skeleton looks like underneath! But for now, it's just hanging out like this:



Today we decorated for Christmas, yeah! The boys were bored out of their mind so Sam took them sledding.

This picture of Cameron makes me laugh. He looks so tough with his black eye and I think he's trying to decide if he like sledding. As luck would have it, he loved sledding! Who'da thunk?


Solo run. Look at that joy in his eyes! ha ha!


Oh fancy, he's giving us jazz hands now!


Now he's either flipping off Carson, or he's saying "We're number 1!"


Parker forgot his sled. Either that or he's training for the olympics in the Skeleton event!


I took a few pics of our decorated living room. Did I mention I listened to Chrismtas music all day? I'm loving this Christmas season already!







I have my advent calendar all put together and just waiting for December 1st! My sister in law gave this to me last year. It's a mini muffin tin. Brilliant! I put M&M's in the cups. The boys will love it.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Did Carson stay on his tippy toes like that for the whole 2 hours?

Very disturbing bird. Indeed.

DJ and Gin Family said...

Poor bird!
Those sledding pictures are great! Love the advent calendar. I made those for teachers the year before last, but never made myself one. The girls are mad about that one. Maybe I should get crafting... Merry Christmas!