Monday, November 01, 2010

Hall-O-Ween 2010

Oh my word, these past few days have just raced by in a fuzzy whirl. Friday was the Halloween parade at school. Sam was able to come to the parade with me which is always a big bonus! We dressed Cameron in his fat frog costume and headed to the school.


We saw Parker first. He walked by so fast, but I'd recognize those eyes ANYWHERE!


And then, the moment I've been waiting for....Carson the penguin! He pulled it off like a champ. He waddled and everything. Total super star!


On Saturday night, we had dinner with some friends and then the kids rushed out the door to go Trick-or-Treating before I had a chance to take pictures. I did however, get a picture of Carson's friend Devin. Check him out!!


Despite the fact that it was raining and super cold, I think the trick-or-treaters had fun and they came back with a ton of candy. Cameron came home and didn't want anything to do with his candy. He kept saying "Mom, I'm so freezing! I want to go to bed!" Pretty funny. Don't worry though, he ate his fair share of candy on Sunday before church. So of course, during church he basically had a sugar crash and turned into quite the handful (Sorry nursery leaders!).

After church I made the kids get their costumes on again so I could take pictures.
I can rarely get all three looking at me at the same time. It's so frustrating.


Pretty soon, Cameron resorted to staring into an abyss without even trying to smile anymore.


So we stood up and changed locations for a fresh start. Little better.


Then Sam came outside to liven things up. Sort of worked. Thanks for trying!


Sunday night was pretty funny though. I went over to my friend's house because she was kind enough to color my roots. Once I got home, I washed my face and put on my pj's. To set the visual mess I was: pajamas on = no bra. Face washed = bright red mountain of a zit protruding from chin, very visible. Hair colored = hair washed, no product in hair--words do not describe the frizzy 'fro I was rockin'.

I was laying on the couch flipping through channels. At 9:30pm, I hear a bunch of kids come up to my front door. 9:30! Yes, Sunday was technically Halloween, but most people around these parts trick-or-treated on Saturday. I didn't mind the fact that I had candy-beggars at my door, but I DID mind the fact that I looked like a hideous mess AND it was 9:30!

I have a stupid window next to my door so the kids could see the lights on inside. I jumped up and hid on the other side of my computer desk so they couldn't see me through the window. These dang kids, who were probably ranging in ages from 2 to 6, would NOT give up. I kept hearing their parents encourage them as well! They kept knocking, and knocking, and knocking. Then to my horror, they opened my storm door and tried to open my door knob! Can you believe that? Luckily my front door was locked. I honestly don't know what I would have done if they just walked in on me! By this time Sam hears the commotion from downstairs so he comes upstairs, sees me hiding, and crawls to the back of the couch so the kids don't see him! It was so funny! Finally they started to leave. I walked to the front door to look through the peep hole when I hear a dad say "Oh, there they are!" (d-a-m window by the door!) so the kids ran back up the door and kept knocking. By now I'm squatting down by the front door feeling a bit frantic and hysterical. Sam is just laughing behind the couch. After what felt like FOREVER, they finally left, but not before I heard the dad say "just grab one of these pumpkins off the porch and put it in your bag." That almost sent me flying out the door to lecture them on stealing, when I heard a female voice say "that's not funny! let's go.".

Phew, I still have my dignity in tact. That was a close one.

I ALMOST took a picture of myself this morning when I woke up, but even I was too mortified. After a good night's sleep my fuzzy hair was quite large and puffy. The zit was twice it's size, and well, I lost my nerve.

I still have the zit. Why is it that I'm 35 and can't get rid of my zits! I keep telling myself it's because I'm young at heart, but seriously, who wants to relive the zit years? No thank you!

5 comments:

fern said...

i am looking forward to one of your blog followers to fess up to being the trick or treaters!!! too funny!!! the kids were sooo cute!!

DJ and Gin Family said...

Your kids look so cute! I agree that Carson was able to pull off the penguin costume. As far as zits go, my derm said that most women get them worst in their 30's than in their teen years...ugh!

Ambyr said...

i would have answered the door with a loud BOO and tried to scare the crap out of them! The parents have a lot of nerve. The boys look cute as always, Austin has the same costume as Parker. He wore it last year and to his Pre school party this year but I finally convinced him to dress up as Scooby Doo this year!

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

My sister in law had the same type of tricksters on Sunday too-they opened her storm door and jiggled her door knob! They hollered and everything, and it was AFTER TEN! How rude. we had a few and we lit our pumpkins and Adds passed out candy. Some of the kids were catholic and had mass the night before. I personally think it's rude of parents to send your kids out on a night that no one else is going out just to make a point. Whatever

I LOVE the penguin costume-it's such a SAM thing.

Laurel, Brian, Addison & Liam said...

oh yea, and let's talk about zits for a minute. If Ginger is serious, I'm in for some big trouble.