Wednesday, February 07, 2007

8 Years Later and I'm Still Laughing!!

Do you know what I love about Sam? I've been married to him for over 8 years and he still makes me laugh!!

Here is an example:
Tonight we decided to drive our van through an automatic car wash at the local gas station because it was Ga-Nasty. Sam rolled the window down to punch in the car wash code and then we got the green light to pull forward into the car wash. Well, ya know how water sprays out from either side of the entry as you drive by? It is a serious blast from each side so most of the dirt and mud on your vehicle gets blown away. Well, Sam forgot to roll up his window as he entered! Fern can testify to this because I was on my cell phone with her at this exact moment. All of a sudden I get sprayed with freezing cold water and I have no clue what happened. I turned to look at Sam and he is so wet that water is dripping off his nose!!! I couldn't stop laughing! The best part was an employee of the gas station was standing just outside our van, emptying the trash can and he witnessed the whole thing. I'm sure our story was told more than once tonight.
So, the whole time the van was getting washed on the outside, Sam and I were furiously wiping down the inside of the van with tissues and napkins we had stashed in the glove compartment from various trips to fancy fast food joints.
When we thought we were finally done, we drove away. Sam kept turning on the windshield wipers and they were not getting rid of the droplets of water on the windshield...oh, those droplets are on the INSIDE. DANG, get out some more McDonald napkins!

9 comments:

nalani said...

Who forgets to roll up the window???!!! For the love! Every time I go through a car wash I check all my windows and the sunroof like 10 times in fear that will happen.

Anonymous said...

Oh man...they could use that one on America's Funniest Home Videos! (not so funny when you're the one getting hosed!)

Uncle Phil

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!! This same thing happened to my mom on MONDAY morning, although the window wasn't ALL the way down, only about 1/3 of the way down. Same result, pretty funny.

Sarah said...

Nalani! I beg to differ! In college, we were pulling into a car wash, talking about how Kory was such a sexist because he said women could never pull into a car wash correctly. We were so engrossed in our conversations that, well, lets just say we proved his point! Remember?

Anonymous said...

I admit it was pretty funny. I never get the 'supreme' car wash so I didn't think about the extra sprayers I paid for when I pulled in. Carrie, did you get the inside window all cleaned off? That might be something fun if you get bored today.

Curtis and Shandy said...

I am so glad to know that Curtis isn't the only one that does stuff like that, so thanks to Sam for validating everything.

Anonymous said...

No problem Shandy...just doing my part to lower the male standard for everyone.

Thomas said...

Pee my pants hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it's time for everyone to build these guys up!