Sunday, February 04, 2007

Road Trip vs. Having Babies

What's the difference between having a baby and going on a road trip?

NOTHING, you need lots of time between each event so you can forget about the pain!!!

Seriously, I love my boys dearly, but they can be a handful on a road trip.
We went to St. George on Saturday morning because my nephew was being baptized at 5:00pm. We left West Jordan a little before 7am. Between 7am and 11am Carson and Parker must have said my name 500 times. Guess how many times they said "dad"? ONCE and that's because I asked them to say it JUST so I could hear how it sounded!

Phew, now that I've vented, let me tell you about beautiful St George!

First of all, a HUGE 'shout out' to my brother-in-law, James. He seriously hooked us up with a great Trendwest property on a bluff in St George. Fern, Aaron, and my family stayed there. It was a great 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, full kitchen, living room, and dining room condo. I opened the sliding glass door onto a patio that looked right to the pool! Now, I know it's the beginning of February, but DANG you can swim outside in February, in St. George, and not be cold! It was a very fun trip (once I got there), great company, and packed with just the right amount of festivities. The only downside-it was too quick. We turned around the next morning and drove home.


Why do I have a sudden urge to listen to U2? Get it, get it? I was obsessed with taking a picture of a Joshua Tree. It was funny because we were going about 89 mph when I took this picture.


Here is the view from the patio. I learned that the grass in St George isn't as soft as West Jordan grass! It was VERY prickly and poky! I couldn't believe Parker didn't cry because once we got to the sidewalk he was pulling all sorts of pokey things out of his toes!


Like we need a sign to tell us this!


Cool trick!


Look! No smoggy, disgusting, SLC inversion!! I was laying under this palm tree at the pool. Did you know palm trees were so hairy? This picture reminded me of my "morning hair" photo from my last blog entry!


My boys!


Here is Sunday morning before we left.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get on the phone right now and start working on James to set up another trip. I am so-o-o- ready to go somewhere!! Look like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

where is a photo of the rest of the party?

nalani said...

That does look like a ton of fun. I want sunshine and warm weather!!!

Jess said...

ahhh.. st. george.. i really would like to move down there someday and get away from this freezing pit of inversion...

Amelia said...

ahhh my goodness that place is gorgeous! i hate the inversion!!

Susan said...

Darren is going to be so jealous. I know exactly your frustration with kids always saying MOM instead of going to DAD. I guess they have to be trained.

Thomas said...

That place is looks like a blast.