Monday, January 29, 2007

I Wish I Had A Scanner...

Sam has been very sick today. Let's just say his "throw up streak" came to a screeching halt today. Actually it's kind of funny because Sam was in the downstairs bathroom "recalling" his breakfast and Parker walked into the bathroom.
The conversation went something like this:
Parker: What 'cha doin' daddy?
Sam: throwing up.
Parker: in the toilet?
Sam: yes
Parker: Good boy daddy!!

So, since Sam fell asleep before my kids did, I've had a lot of time on my hands. I started looking through old photo albums and I was out-loud laughing! I don't look at the ol' 35mm photos too much anymore. Everything now is digital and on my computer. So, since I don't have a scanner, I took pictures of my old pictures and now I'm going to take you on a trip down memory lane...

Morning hair makes me laugh. Here's a nice one of Carson when he was 3.

Sam's niece, Melissa, always wakes up with CRAZY hair, so naturally I figured the "psycho morning hair" gene came from the Sweet side.

But then Sam proved me wrong wtih this LOVELY picture.


Anytime my family goes near water, it seems I come home with priceless pictures:
Here's a picture from May of 2000, we are at Lopez Island in Washington. Curtis had an ingrown eyelash and his eye got infected. Do you like his patch? It's made out of a Kotex Pad! I can't remember who made it, but dang, it was funny! Notice Sam in the background? I think he randomly shoved a balloon in his shirt!

Here is another picture from Lopez Island. I think I was in High School. This one moment has coined a phrase that my family STILL USES! That is our family friend, Jenna Peck, laying on the couch. We love her dearly, but it was so funny because she laid on the couch all weekend and nobody else had a soft place to sit! To this day if somebody is hogging the couch, we say "Quit Jenna Peck-ing it!"


Here is a picture from Lake Washington, near Seattle. It was SOOO windy! Carson's sleeve was blowing fast and furious and it was freaking him out!


Here is a SWEET action shot of Curtis catching a football at the Oregon Coast. Guess who threw the ball? That would be his future wife Shandy!! I think this was taken in May of 2001.

Here's another picture of a future couple: Nalani and Jed!!
This was also at the Oregon coast. I remember laughing at this picture because when I was taking it, I was trying to give my dad a hint to have he and my cousin (lynette) get out of the picture so we could get Nalani and Jed together. It was so comical. He just kept smiling and it was starting to get awkward so I snapped the photo! 3 1/2 years later Nalani and Jed married! I love history!

And finally, from the Oregon coast, Sam took this one of Carson. Carson's stroller had a mirror attached to it. So, here is a weird picture of Carson looking at Sam via his mirror.


Many of you may know this about Curtis, but he has an AMAZING talent: He can spin almost anything on his finger! I wish the picture included Curtis, but here is Carson's reaction to Curtis' talent. Even his TOES are flexed in awe!!


If you were at my wedding reception in Seattle, you will certainly remember a single moment. No, it's not how beautiful I looked or how yummy the refreshments were. It's not a joke somebody told and it's not how great the flowers smelled. The one moment you will remember is the house SHAKING. Was it an earthquake? Did a truck run into the house? No.....it was my friend, Natalie Anderson, running into the sliding glass door, thinking it was open. To her credit, the glass WAS really clean. We all thought she broke her nose and of course, Nalani would not stop laughing! Okay, maybe I was giggling a little too! Her nose was fine, except maybe a little scar to remind her of my reception. Now fast forward 4 years. My parents now live in West Jordan UT, but they still have REALLY clean sliding glass doors. When my parents heard that Natalie was in town and was coming over for a BBQ, they acted quickly! Like the blue tape?? We love you Natary!


And lastly: Here is Carson (during his "big head" phase) at the airport in Indianapolis. No wonder that kid is always hyper!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another stellar blog! This makes me homesick for the Oregon coast, Lopez Island, etc., etc. Let's go back soon!

Sarah said...

I loved it! Another Natalie story I'd never heard. I love the 'old pictures' posts. And, you must be a VERY secure person to post a 'first-thing-in-the-morning" picture of yourself! Thats really 'taking one for the team.' Thanks for sacrificing your dignity so all your friends and family could have a good laugh! I sure did! Love Ya!

Susan said...

I love those, Carrie. We should all do more of those.

nalani said...

Great update!! It's nice that the picture or Jed and I in Oregon can actually be shown again and not tucked away in a photo album. I can't believe you didn't mention the white Girbaud shorts he was wearing either! I love the picture of Carson "wigging out." I can't believe Sarah has never heard the story of the car slamming into the house at your wedding reception.....I mean Natalie running into the sliding glass door. Ooooooh, I love that story!

Anonymous said...

this was awesome, i need a tissue to wipe the tears from my eyes- i am laughing so hard!! love it!

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me...that really is your "morning hair"??

Jess said...

what is carson going to think when he looks at this later in life and actually knows what's going on? poor kid.. haha.. oh well, happens to the best of us

Natalie Service said...

Oh hell! My face looks just as greasy in that picture as it was on the day I rammed my face into that darn streak-free sliding glass door going mock 2! Seriously, after the initial shock of wondering why I still couldn't pass through this strange invisible force that just gave me the biggest headache of my life, all I was worried about what that huge GREASE mark left on the door! "Get some windex" I yelled as I was so kindly taken away from the crowed of on-lookers who were left wondering if the deck had fallen off the back of the house!! LOL! I can't stop laughing! This was a great post! I will forever remember your morning hair if I ever need a good gut laugh! YOU ARE AWESOME!

Amelia said...

I wish my blogs were as freakin fantastic as yours are... so awesome. Nice idea of taking pictures of your old pictures... smart thinkin there.

yeah that card with the butterflies... i swear it looks like she stole it from a resident here at work... that thing is SO ugly... too bad you can't see the nice bold emboss around each butterfly... that card is the definition of tacky.

Amy said...

I loved the pictures of the pictures. I loved the picture of your morning hair. Whitney get pretty bad morning hair. Get this, we have a scanner but it isn't hooked up so I guess we really don't use it all that often.