Tuesday, January 16, 2007

There's Always A Project...

Our latest project is decorating our family room, which is in the basement of my house. We've lived here almost 5 years and the family room has always reminded me of a dorm room: not much thought was put into what was hanging on the walls. In fact, the only reason we had anything on the walls was because the previous owners had conveniently left nails in the walls so once in awhile we'd throw something on the nails and called it good.


Here's some progressive photos. I'm bummed that I didn't take a "before" shot of the forest green blinds that were over the window, TOTALLY 80's style! I better not say much more because my carpet is still forest green...









I'm too sexy for my drill... Now there is a good lookin' guy!




Sam purchased this quilt-displayer unfinished. So for Christmas, he painted it and gave it to me. No, I did not make the quilt that is hanging there, I bought it from Gardner Village--I love that place!!

Now I need some cool picture frames for the wall as you come down the stairs and after looking at these first pictures, I also need some better light fixtures! Sheesh, it never ends!

10 comments:

Jess said...

I'm sure my mom has a bunch of bridal shots of me. I know you want them there. ;) Seriously, though, it's looking great! I should probably put up pictures of our cute basement soon.

Sarah said...

It looks awesome. I love the letters spelling out your last name. I know a good electrician that will do some free work for you if I tell him to....

Curtis and Shandy said...

Ooh lets have a paint party, I am thinking the taupe in your kitchen would be nice, we could two tone it. Lets plan a Saturday and we will get work off.

Carrie said...

Your energy amazes me!! We just need to convince Sam-I-Am!

Amy said...

It's looking good Carrie. I don't think the projects ever end. :)Russ and I have been doing some decorating/painting. One thing I do like is feeling like we are making our home our own. Keep up the good work.

Curtis and Shandy said...

Just let Sam get his big TV and you totally get your paint.

Holly Strong said...

CUTE! I think Sam did a good job with Christmas this year. :) I can't wait to come see it. What's the saying about boys again?!?! I couldn't remember where you said it was...but the laugh one sure is cute! That's the saying I thought it was. :)

Holly

Anonymous said...

how did sam post a blog comment from clarks in orem....

Anonymous said...

Good one Fern! Hey, isn't it about time you guys upgraded your TV? If you do I have a spot for your old one!

Indiana Clark's said...

Carl should have been a designer on trading spaces!