Thursday, January 04, 2007

Now THAT'S an Update!!

So much has happened over the past week so instead of doing a bunch of little updates, I decided to do a large update. Go get a snack and enjoy the novel:

On the 30th of December, my friend Holly invited a bunch of the neighborhood to a "Eve before new years eve" party. They had karaoke there. I know this isn't a great picture, but it's of Ed. Ed loves karaoke and he came to the party to sing, even though his wife was 9 months pregnant...okay, I called and begged Ed to come. He had his cell phone with him just in case she went into labor and his wife promised me it was okay if he came. Ed rocked the house!! Side note: his wife had their baby on January 1st.
Quiz: How many people think I got up and did karaoke??

On December 31st, we spent New Years Eve with my family. Darren, Susan, and their boys were in town so we partied with them. Mom entertained the little ones, as usual:


Dad used his charm and Parker fell asleep, good thing too because Parker was CRANKY!Then we decided to play Dominoes--Mexican Train. Darren was ticked because he drew this hand:

Then we moved the party from my parent's house to my house because the kids were getting cranky and needed a change of scenery. Darren and Dad brought lots of Martinelli's for us to toast each other with:

Midnight struck...and....Happy New Year!!!

On January 3rd, Jessica Anderson (Fern's daughter) married Mark Anderson. How convenient, she didn't even have to change her last name!! Jessica had her reception on the 2nd. Check out this cake, Fern made it!!

My dad set up the refreshment table, isn't it purdy??!!??

Here are some pictures outside the Mt Timpanogos Temple after the wedding:

I managed to gather all 8 of the Sweet kids, in order of birth, for a family photo. It wasn't easy!

From left to right: Jeff, Rose, Fern, James, Fontella, Rod, Shauna, Audrey, and Sam

I realized that I never finished documenting the rest of the 12 days of Christmas that we received, so here we go:
On the 8th day of Christmas your secret friends give to you, chocolate milk the "8 maids" got from 8 brown cows, it's true! With this we got a carton of chocolate milk.
On the 9th day of Christmas your secret friends give to you, some breath mints used by the "dancing ladies" who danced all night. They must be crazy! With this we got some pepp-o-mint lifesavers.
On the 10th day of Christmas your secret elves have been baking, now we place upon your doorstep a treat we had fun making!! They gave us some homemade sugar cookies.
On the 11th day of Christmas are the children nestled in bed? Here are some candy canes to dance in their heads.
On the 12th day of Christmas your secret friends give to you this present that we just drummed up..."12 drummers" helped us too! They gave us a gingerbread ornament for the tree.
It was really fun and I never did find out who they were!!
Well, the title of this posting should have told you it was going to be long, I hope you are still awake! Here's hoping for some slow days now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was cool! i have an awesome picture of carson, nick and sarah giving us there 'cool' look- you have got to have it! thanks again for all of your help and mom and dad of coarse!

Thomas said...

Yes, I am casting my vote that you got up and sang karaoke at the New Years bash. And I am pretty sure that you sang that song from our Rikcs days that you were absolutely determined to memorize every word to. Wasnt it "We didnt start the fire"? And lets be honest, you probably sounded horrible.

Carrie said...

Ouch!
No, I didn't sing and I never will, especially now! :)