Sunday, January 20, 2008

300th Posting!

This is my 300th posting. Seems like just yesterday I started this blog....I can't believe it's been over 2 years! Huh, actually 300 postings isn't that great for a blog that has been going for over 2 years, I should have at least 600 posts by now! SLACKER!

Anyways, what was I going to say....? OH brother, I'm starting a fire in my pellet stove right now because my basement is freezing. Carson just walked up to me and said "P.U. what stinks? It smells like human flesh burning!" First of all, it just smells like a fire. Second of all, how would he know what flesh burning smells like?? If he would have said "it smells like burning hair" I would have understood because last summer Sam burned his eye lashes and eye brows while we were camping...ah yes, those were good times.....

I digress...

I know I promised you a Chia Pet update, but sadly, the chia pet looked rather sad today, I think he botched his picture day on purpose! So maybe I can revive him and we'll do a picture later with "retakes" day.

Guess what I did yesterday? I went to the "Guns and Hoses" game. No, not "guns n' roses", you heard me right, "Guns and Hoses"! It's an ice hockey game between firemen and policemen and the proceeds benefit the Huntsman Cancer charity. It was tons of fun. Our friend, Chad Burnside, is a fireman and he played in the game. Chad is very soft spoken at church so I was secretly hoping to see him throw a few elbows and perhaps a nice hip-check or two, but he was just as gentlemanly in his game as he is at church. Bummer....just kidding! The fireman won big-time over the cops so good job Chad! Here he is:


After the game, Sam and my dad worked on doing the grout for our tile backsplash in our kitchen. We still don't have the border for our backsplash, but it was getting tiring not having the grout done so we decided to just do what we could now. It's only been 9 months or so since we hung the backsplash so the grout was a long time coming! :)

Here is the first section Sam did:


I really felt bad because Sam is a very positive happy person, but as he was doing the grout he kept saying "I really hate every bit of this process...." But he and my dad were troopers and got it done. We pulled the stove out so Sam could do the grout easier and I laughed at what I saw. I just love that Sam-I-Am!


Here is a picture of what the final product looked like. Real purdy. Now we just need a border...


On an unrelated topic. I am happy because Carson goes back to school on Tuesday after being off-track for an entire month. Don't get me wrong, I love Carson. I am just really excited.....well, just because! ha ha ha

8 comments:

laura said...

congratulations on your 300th post! you do such a great job!

sam should have called me to grout! when tom and i tiled our backsplash, i did the whole grout job 9+ months pregnant, (i was secretly hoping it would induce labor), but i actually LOVED doing it! your tile looks great!

Sarah said...

Your tile DOES look great. Good job Sam-I-Am!

Indiana Clark's said...

Looks great. That's exactly what I want to do in my Kitchen. Ready to come out Sam and Carl!

Anonymous said...

First of all Laura, be carefull, I've been known to take people up on their offers. Thanks Sarah. And, yes, I'm always ready to come to Indie...and on that note...congrats to Peyton's little bro, Eli!

Anonymous said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU SAMMY!! any project done before the 1 year mark is successful!! the boys and i had as much fun as you did- thanks for letting carson have 'the best day since the day he was born' with me!! ha

Natalie said...

Send Sam to my house! Neal still needs to do the grout on our tile back-splash. The tile went up in August. I think I'll just do it while he's at work, then he'll feel really guilty.

Jill said...

Thanks again Carrie for coming to Chad's game. That was so nice of you and Sam!

Carl and Pat said...

That game was a real treat! Especially since it was for such a good cause. The proceeds went to the family of a 7-year-old boy who died from a sudden staph infection.