Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Yay, An Update!

Sorry about the lack of updates. When I have time to blog, it seems like I'm choosing to lay down instead...being pregnant is getting the best of me!

Last Saturday we moved the boys room downstairs. In our cracker jack house, we have 2 bedrooms on the main floor and 2 bedrooms downstairs. We moved the boys downstairs so the baby could have the other room on the main floor. It was quite the process, it pretty much took all day. I thought the kids would be nervous about being downstairs, but you can see from their faces, they were very excited! You can also tell that Carson isn't dressed yet, from his mismatched pj's...and Parker picked out his own clothes, right down to the Walmart slippers!


It's not decorated or anything fancy yet, but here is what is looks like right now...
The boys have done great, they stay in their beds all night and because it's darker in the basement...they sleep in longer! That's a big score, until Carson goes back on track next week, then I'll be hating it. :)


On Sunday we had our monthly cousins dinner at Nalani and Jed's house. When we got there, there were tons of deer behind Nalani's house. Carson was tripping out! Can you see the deer? They got lots closer but this way, you can enjoy the view from Nalani's deck!


Our cousin dinner theme was "breakfast" and we had tons of grubbin' breakfast foods. Oddly enough, nothing normal like hash browns or bacon. We had a few French Toast casseroles, German pancakes, Orange rolls, fresh fruit...yummers! Here is a nice shot of the pregnancy bellies on Nalani and myself. Precious!


Sam's brother, Rod, is in the Army and he is going to Afghanistan for a year, starting next week. So most of the Sweet's met up at Cafe Rio for dinner in his honor last night. It was a blast, partly because my parents were kind enough to watch my kids so I was carefree!

Cute pic of my hubby and myself (and Sam's brother jeff!)


Here is Rod and his family, too bad Rod was closing his eyes...on purpose! Maybe it's symbolic....like "if I can't see you, I won't have to say goodbye!" It's so sad that he is leaving. I remember when the war first started he went to Bosnia for a year. Tough for his wife and daughters, but we're so grateful for his service to our country!


Well, I know that was a jumbled update of random happenings, but stay tuned because my next update is going to be amazing....the Chia pet is thriving and I'm excited to share that with everyone! I bet you can hardly wait!

If anybody needs a good laugh, you need to check out Mike and Kim's blog. Watch the video from their January 15th update titled 'Dance off'. That is my dad and he has no fear!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeh! you and nalani look so cute! dinner was fun thanks for coming!

Anonymous said...

Lots has gone on in the last week! The boys' room really does look nice. I love the photo of you two with Jeff's cheesy face in the background! Thanks to Rod and Jean for sacrificing for us all!

The Airharts said...

I love that parker wears your 100 book club shirt on a regular basis!

Sarah said...

Wish I was a cousin...you guys always eat like kings!
I also loved the "100 books" shirt..at first I was impressed by your child prodigy, then I remembered your earlier post...

Amy said...

I hope your boys do okay in the basement. So nice that they sleep in longer for you.

The Buckley's said...

I love doing new things in my house it always makes things so fun! Your looking so cute a pregnant! I love it!