Saturday, January 05, 2008

Happy 2008, My Kids Are Crazy As Ever

Some people have the "after Christmas letdown" where they are so sad that the holidays are over....but not me. Don't get me wrong, I love the holidays but once they are over, I feel this huge relief and I'm so excited to start the new year all fresh (especially once the Christmas decorations are taken down!).

So, my kids are still crazy and wild and here are some pictures of what they've been up to this past week:

Parker went through a "I think I am Superman" phase:


One day Carson was sort of in my face and I needed a break. So I asked him if he would clean my closet doors, which are mirrors. He happily agreed. I then got on a phone call for about 20 minutes and I could still hear him in my room spraying Windex. OH man.... I walked into my room and it was pretty humid and damp in there because he pretty much sprayed 1/4 of a Costco size bottle of Lime Windex in my room, with the doors shut. I think he was a little 'buzzed' because then he ran outside and started cleaning my storm door. It was really cold out there! Oh well, Windex is cheap and my closet doors have never been so clean!


My kids have really been into Scooby Doo lately. For Christmas, my parents found a Shaggy Chia pet and gave it to the boys. Hopefully in 2-3 days we'll have sprouts growing out of Shaggy. Maybe next we can buy the "Clapper". That sort of falls into the same catergory as a Chia Pet, don't you think?


It's quite the process actually...Shaggy had to soak in a bowl of water for 24 hours and the seeds also had to soak with some water for the same amount of time. The seeds turn into this nasty jelly that reminded me of fish eggs. I had the privilege of smearing the fish eggs onto Shaggy's skull. Yummers!


Oh don't worry, I'll take more pictures when it starts growing!

We've been so busy lately that there hasn't been much play time/rough housing with the kids. So Sam let the kids use him as a jungle gym last night. I caught some nice shots. Sam is such a good sport! If it were me, I'd say "ouch, my back...hey, be nice!...don't touch my hair...ug, go find your dad!"




Carson finally pulled his other front tooth out. I was so glad because it was hanging at a weird angle and it stuck out really far. He looked pretty hokey, and not in a good way. This is his 6th tooth he has lost so far...


And finally, tonight the kids were playing with their robotic dinosaur. Parker has worn this sweat suit all night with the hood on. I kept laughing at him because I couldn't see his whole face, just his mouth and chin area. He reminded me of that wicked Star Wars character...um...what's his name? Is it the Chancellor?

3 comments:

Susan said...

That photo with the boys in the air above Sam makes me want to curl up in a ball for Sam so he doesn't get slammed in the stomach. But he looks so relaxed.

Jess said...

I love your pictures.. Maybe when we have kids I'll take more pictures... Until then, we'll live on yours!

Anonymous said...

love the update!! i am dying to watch the dino again- kind of like a car crash for me- creeps me out, but can't get enough... so i am a little weird that way! way to go on getting rid of the tooth carson- i need my front door and window cleaned- there is a dollar in it for you!!