Monday, January 28, 2008

Nalani's Baby Shower

As many of you know, my cousin Nalani and I are both due with baby boys this March. This past Saturday I attended her baby shower. Nalani has more friends than anyone I know so she got some great loot! Among some amazing gifts, she received a basket full of children's books from Sarah, and a "tower of books" from Missy. Check out the tower:


This is a good thing to remember, when going to a baby shower, include your favorite book with your gift. When I had my baby shower when I was pregnant with Carson, everybody brought their favorite children's book along with their baby gift. My sister-in-law put that idea on the invitations and pretty much everyone who came to the shower participated. It was a great way to start my library. To this day, some of those books I received over 7 years ago are still Carson's favorite!

One funny memory from Nalani's shower: As Nalani was opening all the cards, they were really cute and all looked homemade. A common phrase after a card was opened was "this card is adorable! Did you make it?" Then everybody would "ooh" and "ahhh" at the cuteness.
As Nalani opened my card, it looked homemade, but she didn't say a word. Somebody said "I love how Nalani knows you so well that she didn't even ASK you if you made your card!" I was like "yep, Costco special!"

I think my new motto should be "Why make it, when Costco can help you fake it?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THAT MOTTO!! works for cooking, decorating -just about everything!! congrats nalani- i am thrilled for you and your new little one!!

Susan said...

Board books for showers is where it's at.

Jeff & Melissa said...

I'm with you Carrie... card making sucks! I need to find the kids that sale them door to door!

Sarah said...

So fun to see you and your mom this weekend Carrie. You look great. Can't wait to meet the new little one (and I have a few books for you too!)

nalani said...

I should have posted a picture of your card on my blog! It was a cute card but I knew there was no way in heck you made it! HA! HA! Thanks again for the HUGE gift basket---so fun!